Chapter 31

"Amazing show everyone!" Trish exclaimed as she and Shane met up with the animatronics down in parts and services below the main stage. Smiling warmly, Freddy replied, "Why thank you Trish, we hope we did alright." The tour guide nodded her head enthusiastically. Tapping Shane on the shoulder gently, Chica held up her guitar as she clicked, "Do you mind checking this? I think one of the strings is loose."

"I don't mind at all Chica. Here, let me see," Shane replied, kindly taking the instrument from the chicken animatronic. Inspecting the guitar, he hummed to himself as he retightened the string and handed it back to Chica. "All better- woah!" he squeaked out as Chica hugged him. Patting her head, Shane mumbled, "Hey, no problem. Are the rest of you guys okay?"

"Yep, we're super duper," Freddy answered with a thumbs up. Releasing Shane, Chica chirped, "Thank you again." Walking away with the technician, Trish waved goodbye to the animatronics as she called out, "You guys have a good night! See you tomorrow!"

"Bye Trish, bye Shane. Safe travels and good night," Vanessa spoke softly, bidding her friends farewell as she passed them. Walking up to the animatronics, the security guard tipped her hat and remarked, "Great show tonight guys, really. I mean it."

"Thank you Vanessa. Hey, are you okay?" Freddy asked, concerned. Vanessa's eyes appeared to be bloodshot, like she had been crying. Rubbing her right eye, the young woman waved the bear off and stated, "I'm okay, really Freddy. Thank you for asking." Clearing her throat, she declared, "The kids are waiting for you guys downstairs in the lobby."

"Oh nice! I have a surprise for Pedro, just gotta get the final kinks done. Would anyone be able to distract him for ten minutes?" Roxy asked. Giving the wolf animatronic a big hug, Chica trilled, "I can do that bestie!" Wagging her tail, Roxy woofed softly, "Thanks bestie."

"That should also give me time to set up the big surprise," Freddy remarked, scratching his chin thoughtfully. Looking around, the bear animatronic asked, "Any volunteers to help me?" Shrugging her shoulders, Vanessa raised her hand and murmured, "Yeah, count me in. I'll help." His ears wiggling in delight, Freddy turned to the last person in the room and asked, "How about you Monty?"

"Huh? Oh, um, nah. I'm good. I got other things on my mind right now," Monty rasped, rubbing his arm. Slinging his guitar over his shoulder, he rumbled, "Just... let me know when the big surprise is ready, okay Freddy?" He was about to leave parts and services when there was a huge collective gasp from the others. Slowly turning around, the alligator animatronic raised one eyebrow and questioned, "What?"

"You called me by my first name," Freddy whimpered, his eyes watering with oily tears of joy. Outstretching his arms, he rushed over to give his band mate a hug. Sidestepping out of the bear animatronic's path, Monty flicked Freddy in the nose as he snapped, "Don't touch me you giant himbo bear!" With that, he left the room. Holding back a chuckle, Roxy snickered quietly, "And he's back."

"Ouchie," Freddy mumbled, rubbing his sore nose.