Chapter 5- Clumsy?

Start from the beginning

She knocked and he gave her the order to come in. Just as she stepped in, her legs failed to move when her orbs rested on the owner of the voice.

It was him—Williams Shelby.

Williams whipped his head to the door and a smile curled on his lips when he saw her. Just like the day she visited his office, she allured him.

"Ohh if it's not your alluring secretary" Williams chuckled while Rosalie remained glued to the spot. She casted her gaze to the floor when she remembered his action that day.

He tried to touch her. If not because someone interrupted, she didn't know what would have happened.

"No Williams" Alex spoke up when he understood the scene. "I keep things professional here, Williams" he stated firmly.

"Bring the coffee, Miss Jones" Alexander ordered and Rosalie raised her head. She bit on her lip and batted her lashes.

Even though it was an order, it was comforting. It sounded protective and it made her heartbeat quicken. She held the mug firmly and trotted towards him.

All along, Williams' gaze was on her. His eyes feld on the curves that were accentuated with the skirt she wore. Then his gaze traveled to her face. His lips curled into a smile when he saw her spotless face, the name she bore fitted her perfectly.

"Williams—" Alexander scolded as he watched him feed his eyes on his secretary. His brows creased when Williams smiled. Seems Williams took things too far, he had to put an end to it.

"Have it sir" Rosalie bowed as her hands trembled. It was uncomfortable being in an office with two men and with one undressing her with his eyes.

But Alexander was there and she knew he would protect her. Of course, he didn't look like a man like Williams.

But—what if one day Alexander sends her to Williams? What if they're all alone in the office? What if he takes advantage of her?

Her hands and body quivered at the thought. "Miss Jones?" Alexander called and it jolted her out of her thoughts. She flinched and that was it—

She lost control of the mug; it slid out of her hold and some of the content splashed on Alex before the mug hit the floor and shattered into pieces.

A gasp ran out of Rosalie's lips and she moved back wide eyed. Her palm went over her lips when she raised her head to see Alexander's jaw was tense.

"I'm…I'm so sorry" she mumbled and did the next thing she could think of. She took her hands to his trouser and tried to clean the stain. "I'm —" she bit on her lip to suppress the sob.

"I'm sorry sir" her voice was brittle and she hurriedly cleaned the trousers. "Stop" Alexander ordered but it fell on deaf ears as she continued.

"Stop!" Alexander demanded angrily. He grabbed her hand and she paused. She raised her head to him wide eyed.

"I'm so—" she moved a step backwards. She stumbled on a piece of ceramic and that was it; she gasped as the heels she had on slipped and in a second, she was in the air with her hands screeched out in search of a hold.

Alexander was quick to reach out for her. He pulled her and she fell right into his arms; her face buried in his chest.

"I—" Rosalie held on to him with wide eyes. She sniffed and the strong smell of his cologne hit her nose causing her to wish for his closeness.

Her breathing clogged as she gripped his shirt tightly.

The door jerked open and it caused the three parties to whip their head to the door. Rosalie's eyes widened when she saw the face.