The war had taken so much from the both of them, as they were both filled with unnatural levels of stress. Obi-Wan was a member of the Jedi Council and was a General to the 212th, so he had a lot of expectations and hardships to juggle; while Jaika suffered the constant burden of loss, as she was always thrown into the battlefield, and faced the many consequences of that, be it her own capture or the death of those around her. The two of them had to live in a nightmare state, while they faced situations that could break a soul, while being expected to turn their emotions off.

Neither of them could do that. Although they were both great Jedi, they both have a track record for not following the rules. So in a way to cope, they both sought each other out in a way to manage their stress. Of course they wished to be able to share more meaningful connections, but they both knew that they would only be together for a small amount of time. So they took what they could in the time that they were given.

Jaika stepped away from Obi-Wan, who looked down at her, his eyes filled with admiration. Jaika smiled up at him as she drew her hands away from his shoulders. "You realise we're approaching an active warzone, don't you?" Jaika asked, as he smiled back at her. He gently lowered one of his hands, grasping her hand into his. 

"I know. Thankfully I will only be needed on the bridge." He shrugged, while Jaika chuckled as she shook her head to herself. Obi-Wan was quick to pull her towards him once again, as he brushed her hair behind her ear, before he cupped her cheek into his palm. He reconnected their lips once again. 

A distant chime rung out from Jaika's wrist communicator, which was quickly ignored by them both. Only when it rung a second time, Jaika stepped away from Obi-Wan and pressed the button with a sigh. "Jaika, you're needed in the hanger." Anakin's voice spoke through the communicator. She let out another sigh before she met Obi-Wan's gaze. The man sent her an encouraging smile, which calmed her dread as she thought of the upcoming mission. The girl raised her arm to speak through the channel, "On my way." She answered, her voice tired and unenthused. 

A distant knocking on the door caught the girl's attention, as she listened to the metal scrape against the door from the outside. Alpha was trying to get her attention. Jaika sent Obi-Wan a glance, which he quickly understood, before she walked towards the door and walked out of the room where she looked down at Alpha, who rolled backwards. "I know, Alpha." She droned, as Alpha beeped back at her, questioning the low mood that she was in.

Obi-Wan walked out of the room a couple of minutes after she did, and sent her an encouraging smile as he placed a supportive hand on her shoulder. They knew he could not say goodbye or wish her luck properly, even in front of the clones. Jaika nodded back at him as he turned and walked down the halls towards the bridge.

Jaika sighed as she gazed down at her droid, who looked back up at her. "I'll be fine, I promise." She answered, as she sent Alpha a small smile. The droid let out a dissatisfied hum as they walked towards the hanger, exchanging small talk. Once they entered the hanger, Jaika was overwhelmed with the smell of burning oil and grease, The never ending choruses of troopers marching together nearly deafened her as she walked to the centre of the hanger where her brother stood with R2.

As she approached Anakin and the fighter pilots, he turned to her with a skeptical expression. "There she is. Nice of you to join us, where were you? I was looking all over for you." Anakin questioned, as Jaika stopped beside her brother. She gazed up at him, as he looked down at her in question. The troopers beside them peered between each other with either awkward or amused expressions. "Maybe you didn't look hard enough." Jaika shrugged.

Anakin continued to brief the details of their airborne mission, as they were tasked to take out the main Separatist cruiser that Grievous was on. If they managed to destroy Grievous and his forces, there was a chance that the end of the war could draw near. Jaika knew it was an important mission to defeat Grievous, as she wanted to see his head and burn it maliciously in the same fire that her friends were burnt in. "Let's go." Anakin concluded, as the pilots ran off to their fighters.