Chapter 22: Comfort zones

Start from the beginning

"Jeans." Jojo blurts out the answer, even surprising herself as she pulls her lips into her mouth. 

Chanelle looks in the mirror once again at her clothing combination. "Jeans it is." She looks at Jojo, gracing her with a smile and causing her roommate to turn back around in her chair to carry on with her reading. Chanelle stares at the back of Jojo's head for a moment. She bites very lightly on her lower lip in thought before speaking. "Jojo, do you wanna join me? It's just a club in town." 

"What?" Jojo quickly turns around again in her seat. "You mean actually go to a club? No….no absolutely not." 

"Come on…." She gets on her knees before Jojo, taking both of her hands in hers, pulling her around a little more to face her. She tilts her head to one side to catch Jojo's gaze. "You never go out. You are always studying. Don't you think you deserve a little break? Plus, I don't want to go on my own." 

Jojo looks into Chanelle's brown eyes, before they gravitate towards the top, she quickly turns away, pulling her hands from the grasp. "I have to study. My parents…"

"Your parents aren't here." Chanelle interrupts as she stands back up. "Come on, Jojo. Live a little. I will look after you in the big wide world." She laughs. 

"Don't make fun of me." Jojo looks down on herself, pulling on her baggy t-shirt. She could already feel the knot growing inside of her stomach at the thought of a busy night club, full of wasted people with no self-control. 

"Come on… just for me?" Chanelle again crouches down, drawing Jojo's attention to her eyes once again. 

She looks at her roommate. The solid 'no' now wavering maybe just a little. "Just… Don't leave me alone." She utters, feeling as if all of her trust was now in the hands of Chanelle.