Ch.8 - Staring Down The Darkness

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the Titans' communicators went off.

"Right after we deal with these bozos." Cyborg added

There was a bank robbery at the Bank of Pérez in Jump City.

"I do not understand. Why is there a sudden increase in amateur attempts at currency theft?" Starfire queried.

"Who knows? We'd better get down there. The potential of the amateurs never fails to surprise me." Robin continued.

Starfire quickly responded with concern, "But what shall we do about Y/N? And... Raven?" She continued to glare at Y/N in his detrimental state.

"Yeah, there's no way we can leave these guys under the same roof. They'll kill each other!" Beast Boy said.

Cyborg put his head down, "Or worse..."

The team continued to stare down at Y/N, who seemed completely unaware of anything that had happened since the Titans entered the scene.

Robin thought for a moment, before letting out a sigh, "It's just a gang of inexperienced teenagers looking to steal a couple of bucks. We'll be in and out in less than 20 minutes."

On their way out, they chucked Y/N in the guest room he had been staying in, crowded with old furniture, and possibly a colony of spiders.

Cyborg was struggling, "Good God, this dude's heavy!"

As the Titans began to commence their way to the crime scene, Robin began to think.

He hadn't let the other Titans know, but what he had very briefly witnessed happen between Y/N and Raven had left him terrified.

He had a new, fearful perspective as to what Raven was capable of.

What could have happened to Y/N to get to him react that way? And what did Raven have to do with it?

He was scared.

"Perhaps... it might be better to let both of them go..."

• • • • • • • •

"Master..."

"Ah, my dear apprentice. How may you please me today?"

"Master, sir, it's him."

"Come again?"

"I was able to fetch a file on him from the Azarathian Identity Database. His widespread criminal record made it real easy to get the details."

---

𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎 - (𝚈/𝙽)

𝙰𝚐𝚎 - 𝟷 𝙱𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜+

𝙷𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 - 𝟼 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚝, 𝟺 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚜

𝚃𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙾𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚗 - 𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

𝙿𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜 - 𝙻𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚕

𝙲𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 - 𝙽𝚘 𝟷.

𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 - 𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

𝙻𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚂𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 - 𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑, 𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙰𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚊, 𝙹𝚞𝚖𝚙 𝙲𝚒𝚝𝚢

---

"It can't be..."

"I know sir, it's bad. He thankfully hasn't caused too much disturbance. However, I don't believe it will be long before disaster strikes. Shall I call in the-"

"Don't bother."

"I'm sorry? ...Uh- master?"

"He is just what we need."

"But sir, if he remains around her for too much longer, you know what will happen. You KNOW what he is capable of. You and I have both seen it before-"

"Silence! Believe me, if I didn't know the consequences that lie ahead, you would already be dead."

Slade sat down on the throne of his lair.

"Either way, he will be long gone by the time the prophecy is fulfilled."

• • • • • • • •

Y/N jolted awake.

"Just another concoction of the mind..." He thought.

His entire life, he had envisioned the wildest of scenery within his head, all of which he had narrowed down to his trauma trying to snake its way back into center stage.

It had become so frequent nowadays, that it didn't bother him. The slow crescendo of voices in his head was very much a distraction from any other psychological issue he faced.

However, he still remembered the dread that occurred moments prior. How could he forget?

Never had he felt such horror evoked from his past. He wasn't sure what came over him.

Sure, he had some past... occurrences. But the vulnerability he felt did not feel natural.

His eyes took in his surroundings "Was it a dream?" Y/N rose to his feet, standing in the old guest room he had become far too familiar with.

He placed a hand on his face, flinching from the sensitivity of his burnt flesh. "Nope, not a dream."

His clothes were dampened from the gallons of sweat that must have poured. At least he hoped that was sweat.

"The others are gone. But, she's still here."

Raven's attack from moments prior had increased his senses, particularly when she was near.

Y/N gazed at the horizon from his window. The glistening light of the stars entranced him. He felt as if he was looking back on the choices he had made throughout his whole life.

He thought for a moment.

"I can't let this chance slip away..."

As he proceeded down the hallway, he made it to the door he'd been looking for. The word 'RAVEN' was imprinted in big bold letters.

"Perhaps I should set the record straight, for once."