019.

TRUE X. SANTIAGO
2021

True sucked his teeth, hearing a knock on his front door. He sat his blunt between his lips before making his way to the front door, already knowing who it was. He opened it, seeing his mother, Tiera.

He stared her over, removing the blunt from his lips. "He just got out of the bathroom. True said opening the door wider so she could walk in, and she did.

When True told Hasen his PO called the other day, it was really his mother. She was telling him how she didn't want to miss out on Dri's life how she with his and she wanted a do-over, and he immediately said no.

But then she started crying, explaining to him how she loved them both so much and how it meant a lot to her just to spend one day with Adrian. He cracked and said yes. So here she was.

Tiera stood by the door awkwardly, looking around Truee's apartment. True didn't say anything; he just stood there smoking his blunt and answering text messages he had from this morning.

Tiera looked at him, her heart slightly aching that he wasn't even acknowledging her. It made it worse because he looked just like her; Adrian looked like her too, but their father's genes won with him.

"What happened?" She asked, noticing the ankle monitor on his ankle, and he looked up from his phone. "It don't concern you." He responded.

"Why are you being so rude? Why'd you even call me over here just for you to be so rude? She asked, and he made a face. "One, I ain't call you. You called me, and I ain't gotta say shit to you. You here to see Dri, not me." He said and she shook her head, scoffing.

"I don't know what you want me to do, Xavier. I don't know how many times I have to say I'm sorry." She said her eyes going glossy, and he shrugged his shoulders. "ion want you to do shit. I don't give a fuck." He stated truthfully. Nineteen years had already passed, and he didn't care anymore.

"Your mad at me but not him?" She asked, referring to his father, and True sucked his teeth. He took a pull from the blunt before blowing smoke out of his mouth.

"I guess I'm the bad guy. It's fine. I understand. I just want you to know that I'm sorry and I love you, Xavier. You're my firstborn, and I won't stop loving you no matter how much you hate me."

He took another pull from the blunt, staring at her as she had tears rolling down her cheeks. He blew the smoke out of his mouth, not saying anything.

Tiera swallowed the lump in her throat, wiping her tears. There was obviously nothing that could fix it. She straightened herself up once she heard Adrian's footsteps.

"Hey DD, you ready to go?" She asked, smiling at him, and Adrian nodded his head, giving a small smile back. He was happy to see his mother but wasn't happy about leaving his brother.

True ashed his blunt into the ashy tray he had sitting on the island. "I'm coming back, right?" Adrian asked, looking at his brother, just to make sure, and Tiera frowned.

"Yeah, she might leave you at the train station; just call me if she do." He said he remembered when she did it to him when he was 5. That scared Adrian because he stepped closer to his brother.

Tiera glared at her older son. On her end, it was a complete accident because she was tired that day.

"True." Tiera gritted through her teeth. "I'm fucking with him." True said, a smile going on his face.

Tiera sighed. "Baby, he's just joking. Your brother is just playing." Tiera assured Adrian, making him look over at his older brother.

"You gon be straight. Ima see you later." True said, pushing him forward a little. Adrian sighed lowly, walking over to their mother, who held the front door open for him.

"Watch him, and -- he's my son. I know what I'm doing." She cut him off; she didn't like that he was trying to tell her what to do with her child. Especially since she was his mother as well.

Aigh, mother of the fucking year." True retorted, and she shook her head at him. Adrian looked at the both of them. "L-let's go, Dri." Tiera spoke, placing her hand on her son's shoulder leading him away.

____________

Hasen kicked her pink crocs off by the door. She would bend down and fix them up straight, but that would take most of her energy. Hasen saw the TV in the living room, making that her first destination.

She saw True sitting on the couch with his controller in his hand. "Did you miss me? I didn't eat McDonald's today. I wanted a sandwich, but I can't eat deli meat, so I ate crab legs and a salad for a little balance." Hasen began speaking, taking a seat next to him on the couch before throwing her legs in his lap.

"And I ordered these onesie's. I got some neutral colors and some pastel colors." Hasen added to her sharing. She didn't get a response, making her look at him.

"True." Hasen called out, and he continued to stare at the TV, moving his thumbs around on the controller. She frowned, sitting up and moving her legs off his lap.

"Trueeeee!" Hasen dragged out, waving her hand in his face, and he looked at her. "Your game is not more important than me." Hasen stated with a frown.

"I was thinking about something. What you say?" True asked, and she moved closer to him, "Thinking about what?" He stayed silent.

"Your mom?" She asked, and he stayed silent again.

"You can talk to me. If you need to." She told him, "Not right now." He finally spoke up, and she nodded her head.

She did notice that she was a little pushy about it before, but how could you blame her? But she calmed down a little, figuring that the more she pushed, the more he'd probably pull away. And she didn't want that.

"You will talk to me eventually, right? I'm not trying to rush you or anything; I just want to know more about you. Even if it's bad." Hasen told him, True looked away from her, licking his lips.

Hasen leaned forward, kissing his cheek. "Just me and you, remember? You can tell me anything." She assured him, putting her hand on his neck. She kissed his cheek multiple times before pulling back, looking at the side of his face rubbing her thumb across his skin softly.

___________________________________________

New book because I write when I'm bored .