015.

HASEN R. WALKER
2021

Hasen smiled as she held the 3D sonogram of her baby girl in her hand. Even though she was silently wishing for a boy, she was still happy.

Hasen took the key to True's house out of her bag to open the door. She had to go to her appointment alone since True couldn't leave the house, but she was happy because now she could surprise him.

Hasen closed the door behind her before taking her Marc Jacobs tote bag off and sitting it on the counter before making her way to the back to True's room. Hasen licked her lips as she opened his room door, the cold air hitting her body and making chills run up her arms.

Hasen closed the door behind her slowly, seeing that he was sleeping. True removed the cover from his face and squinted his eyes at her. "The fuck you creeping for?" True spoke in a raspy tone, throwing the whole cover off his body.

Hasen took her sneakers off, leaving her in her black socks. True got up from the bed, rubbing his hand over his face, and made his way to the bathroom.

"You just woke up?" Hasen asked, walking into the bathroom behind him. He nodded his head, grabbing his toothbrush.

Throwing her braids over her shoulder, she stared in the mirror, looking at him and herself with a wide smile on her face. "I can see all your fucking teeth; why you smiling so hard?" True asked, looking at her through the mirror.

"I have a surprise." Hasen spoke. He eyed her before leaning down to rinse his mouth out. Finishing, he wiped his face and looked at her, saying, "I hate surprises." and she continued to smile. He scrunched his face up because now it was just getting weird.

"You being weird." He stated as he grabbed her arm to pull her closer to him. Putting his hands on her hips, he leaned down, giving her a chaste kiss on her lips.

"That appointment went good? I'm sorry I couldn't be there." He said, kissing her lips again, "It's okay." Hasen assured still smiling.

True made a face staring at her, "bro get away from me. Why you being so creepy?" True asked, backing away from her. She smacked her lips and said, "I want to show you something."

He eyed her as she took her hands from behind her back, lifting the 3D sonogram up. He walked closer to her, trying to get a better look at what he was looking at.

He squinted his eyes, "I'm looking at fucking scribble." True said. She sucked her teeth and moved it in his face for a closer look, a wide smile appearing on his face once he noticed what it was.

"Oh shit, that's them? They got your big ass head." True said making her suck her teeth.

"What's the gender they tell you that yet?" He asked, looking at her, then looking back at the sonogram. "It's a girl." Hasen responded, and his smile brightened.

Brooo, what did I tellll youuu." True spoke with clear excitement, taking the sonogram from her hand and looking at it closely. Hasen smiled at how excited he was.

"I guess you were right." Hasen rolled her eyes. He looked at her with a smile on his face. "Cmere." True grabbed her, wrapping his arms around her waist and gave her a kiss on her lips. "You deserve the world; I love you pretty girl."

Without any hesitation, the words left her lips; "I love you too." He leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

____________

Hasen was now home; the happy mood she was in earlier was now gone. She was sitting here in the living room with her mother, her sisters, and her father. She could've stayed longer at True's house, but her father called, saying they needed to talk, so here she was.