22] Just One Streak

"I'd go for the dad, honestly." Sybil nearly drools all over our drinks as she's pouring wine into our glasses.

"You'd go for anyone." I smile, thankful that I finally have someone to talk to about anything.

"I'm just saying," she swallows her shot and picks up her glass closely spilling it. "You have the son, already sending a request to satan," she drinks the wine slightly. "Might as well get the father too."

"Okay, I don't have the son. I don't want the father if he's nearly my father, and no," I pour more wine into my glass. "I didn't send a request, I got an invitation." I quickly raise my brows and drink.

"You have it good, Ana. I'm just saying, Italians half Australians, billionaires." she stops. "Bonus on the billionaires. You have a man that is falling at your knees, giving you what he has and his father?" she grins. "You have him on sight."

"Had. Roman isn't falling," I move my hair away from my ear. "He has no emotions, he doesn't ask either, he claims. His father, he seems like he cares for me, you know? Like he's almost sorry for what he brings to me. I'm just glad my mom is happy—"

"There you go again. Ana, stop just for one fucking second caring about your mother. I'm serious. Your mother's happiness doesn't depend on yours. You need to focus on yourself and step away. Trust me, your mom has enough." she huffs, scratching her knee.

"I don't know—"

"No. Be happy. For you not for her, not for him, not for anyone. Be happy for you, babe. College is coming and it's ready to break you." she drinks more.

"I love you." I nearly cry, going in for a huge hug.

She moves the bottle. We're drenched in each other grief as I roll over to lay on her lap.

She grabs a lollipop from the counter. "So," she sighs. "Tell me about that dick." I burst out laughing.

"Sybil?!" I retort.

"I don't need visuals of his face and height, Ana! If I'm judging, I need to know more." she playfully pushes me.

I rise and face her. "He was," I bite my lip, remembering the times I taunted him with my lips. "He was like a Greek."

"A Greek Roman." she teases.

"He was beautiful. Probably the most beautiful man I have ever laid my eyes on. He was older. So much older and I loved that." I grab a piece of my hair and nibble on it. "His eyes were as green as trees in the summer and when he was angry, they were still beautiful. They remained beautiful like trees in the rainforest. He touched me in ways that I never knew I could be touched. His being older and more experienced set my mind somewhere else, somewhere nonexistent. It's like he owned me. I enjoyed it. I didn't think I was able to be seen by anyone," I'm staring into his eyes again. "But it was like I was his museum. His golden museum. He explored me every hour, every second and I waited for his soft touch, but he starved me with his aggressive touch."

Sybil is staring at me like I'm a small globe in the middle of a snowing city. Like she's playing with the fake snow inside, counting them. "Sex was more than what his eyes did to me. He showed me things, did things to me that pleased me. He would ask, and when he would, he would do more than expected. I don't think I can ever," I can't stop staring at the wall. "Forget anything with him."

"Ana," Sybil grabs my arm. "You're fucking in love with this man." I scoff. "No, no like. You're crazy in love. You have no idea how many words came out of you."

"No, Sybil. I don't think—"

"Anastasia, you are, babe. You are." she's grabbing both of my shoulders.