𝟏𝟗, believe me now?

XIX. 1919

    Just like she snuck in, Vivian slipped out of the den, heading for the Garrison. She got to meet little Karl and hold him. It was lovely but he almost threw up over her and onto the floor, and she was not pleased as everyone laughed.

"Wait til you have one Viv." Ada had smiled as as she took her baby from her younger sister. Between childbirth, 9 months of discomfort and no sleep for months afterwards, she was not going to have kids.

As she had watched her family come together again after everything, she couldn't see them apart anymore. The Shelby family would not be on bad terms because of an outsider.

And like that, she creeped out, on her way to make sure nothing got in the way of her family's happiness. She approached the Garrison's doors. The usual glow shone out of the pub, just barely. Vivian pushed the heavy doors open that she couldn't open by herself when she was younger.

Upon entering the pub, she glanced round at the bunch. It was still early in the day but that didn't stop anyone from having a drink or two (or a bottle). She spotted Grace behind the bar with Harry. They were chatting as they served a man that should have been cut off long ago, must have been here since opening or starting drinking last night.

She marched quickly up to the bar on a mission. "What can I get you, Ms. Shelby?" Harry asked politely.

"Nothing Harry, just wanted to borrow your employee for a quick moment." She said, eyes not leaving the woman. They had spoke days ago and Vivian wanted this conversation over and done with quickly.

Harry looked between the woman, Grace shifted on her feet as Vivian held a harsh glare. The man sighed as he went to the other side of the bar to do whatever while Vivian made her way to the back. She held the door open to the blonde, who was still yet to move but got the message.

Closing the door behind them, Vivian saw Grace's bag in the corner. She remembered the woman's bag and what was in it. She leaned past her, taking the bag. She pulled out the gun slowly and placed the bag on the shelf beside her.

"This is a nice gun." Vivian spoke, running her finger over it.

Grace looked from the girl to the gun, "What do you want?"

"Hate to pull you from your hard work but I wanted to let you know about your departure." The spy looked at her with confusion but tried to hide it.

"You will be leaving tonight. You are going to hop on your train and fuck off. I don't want you to ruin what, not just Tom has, but what my family have. The sooner, the better."

"I can't just leave."

"You have to though, Grace, you were never meant to stay. Your job is done." Vivian said, "You're leaving tonight whether you're in love or not-"

"Tommy. He's in love." She spoke up.

"I know and you are too but you need to leave after what you a have done.

Grace looked to the girl, "It's going to break his heart."

"It won't be the first thing to damage it and won't be his last. It's gonna hurt you and him but all of us around are going to feel his suffering."

To Vivian, Grace looked tired. She looked like she wanted to fight to stay with Tom but she couldn't. "Can I say goodbye?" She muttered, anger and sadness radiating from her. The anger was not only aimed at the girl in front of her but at herself.

"You still have to finish your shift, don't you agent?" Vivian held onto the gun. She needed to have this conversation before the blonde saw her brother.