Part 20: Kill Me Along With You

Start from the beginning

He speeds up and changes the gear when his hand accidentally brushes my thigh, passing shocks through my veins instead of blood. "I- I didn't mean to do that, sorry," he says and I nod saying it was okay.

We talked until we were in front of Shifa's house which now was looking like a banquet hall. Trust me when I say this, This girl loves overdressing and over-decorating.

"Thank you, Imran," I say as I look at him, only to see that he is already looking at me. "Uh- nah, it's alright. Let me help you," he said and I opened the door and got out, while he brought the gift bags to me. I held them in one hand after putting my phone safely inside my sling purse. "Are you sure you'll manage taking them inside on your own?" He asked as I nodded and replied, "Oh yeah, you've already helped me more than you could. I don't want to trouble you more."

He shrugged and said, "Uh Layla, you're looking pretty by the way." My cheeks blushed due to his compliment, as I smiled shyly and said, "Uhm, thank you." He smiled and I turned around to go.

Darn! I should've asked for his Instagram account!
Layla, you're so stupid. My inner self again scolded me, this time for a different reason.

I felt as if someone was standing behind me as the smell of a woody masculine cologne hit my nose. I turned around and saw Imran standing just inches away from me.

My breath hitched at the proximity we had between us. He looked at me and asked, "Uh Layla? Would you mind if I asked for your Instagram?" I felt butterflies in my stomach as he asked that and passed his phone to me. I entered my account name and smiled, while he ruffled his hair.

Oh my god help me!
I shyly walked away and turned back on hearing his car's engine revving. He smiled at me and I did the same.

I quickly entered the house, and only then did I realise that the entire house was vibrating from the loud music. How could I not hear it before? I thought to myself as someone tapped my shoulder. I turned and saw my best friend Iqra who stood in front of me looking as beautiful as always.

The crimson-coloured long dress fitted her body perfectly and she had paired it nicely with jewellery. The bold crimson lipstick and her now curled hair defined her facial features beautifully.

"Woah Layla, you're looking hot!" She says and kisses my cheek as I let out a small chuckle. "Did he say the same thing?" She asked as I looked at her in confusion. He? Who he?

"Ugh, God! The same guy with whom you came here! I saw you both talking."
"Oh him? Uhm, he was just a friend." I said casually to which she replied, "What friend? I know all of your friends Layla. It's me, Shifa, Zayn, Sarah, Amaan and all others, but him? Nah."

Ugh! How do I explain to her that I met him right now?
"I met him about 15 minutes ago," I say quietly, knowing that I was gonna be bombarded with questions by my best friend. "Wait what?" I nod and she says, "I wanna know everything about him, but later. Otherwise, Shifa is going to kill me along with you. Come lets go!"

She drags me through a crowd of people dancing and talking. The good thing is no one's drunk over here as we hate alcohol. And when I say we hate it, it means we can't even tolerate its smell. Plus we're prohibited from consuming alcohol, so it's good.

Iqra held the bouquet and I sighed in relief as my hands were paining by holding it for so long. I spotted Shifa talking with Zayn and Sarah near the kitchen table. "Shifaaaa!! Happy Birthdaayy!" I sing as she hugs me and I hug her back. "Here's your present!" I say and give her the flower bouquet first, followed by the perfume and the watch.

The look on her face was enough for me to know that she loved the gifts. "Omg, Lay you got me Prada and Dior! I've had them on my 'to-buy list' for so long!" She immediately wore the watch and sprayed the perfume all over her body.

Zayn and the rest just chuckled seeing her reaction as she thanked me again. "Shifa you look so pretty!" I exclaim as I notice her knee-length silver sparkly dress. It was beautifully designed with the embroidered net on the shoulder and the sleeves which reached just below her elbow.

Her hair was curled and she had a small crown placed on top of it. Her brown eyes were sparkling as the silver and black eyeshadow highlighted them.
The Prada purse went along her dress and made her outfit complete.

"I've got to say, Layla, you aren't looking less than anyone!"
I smiled at her compliment and took a look at myself.

(Layla's Outfit For The Day!)

I didn't feel like getting too much dressed up

I didn't feel like getting too much dressed up. I went easy on the outfit and put a little more effort into the makeup. I blended blue and black eyeshadow and added eyeliner on top of it. For the lips, I chose dark brown glossy lipstick and then highlighted my face.
Lastly, I added a thick layer of mascara on my lashes which completed my makeup.

I added some accessories like a layered necklace and a watch with some bracelets. I matched my dress with a baby blue purse and blue rhinestoned strappy heels. I loved my outfit and was happy that others too liked it.

"Oh hey, Layla! Amaan's looking for you." Arya, a classmate of mine said as she passed by. Before I could ask her anything else, she was dragged into the crowd by her friends. The music was changing from time to time and everyone seemed to enjoy the party.

Just as I spotted Amaan, who was talking to a few girls and guys, my phone buzzed and I saw the notification. It was a follow request from Imran. Oh My God he really did send me a request!

Before accepting his request and following him back, I checked his account as it was public. I wanted to know more about him. Well, one thing that I can say for sure is that he loves cars. "Layla!"

I turned around and saw Max walking towards me with a smile on his face. This isn't gonna end well. With both Max and Amaan coming in my direction, I wished that the ground would split and swallow me. I'd rather do that happily than see them fight or argue today as well.

"Hey Layla, I've been looking for you everywhere since I came here," Max said as he casually greeted me by fist-bumping. He knows that I don't appreciate hugs from everyone, especially guys. "Oh, I just came here, around 5-10 minutes ago," I said while playing with my fingers. That's something I do quite often when I'm nervous.

"Hey, Layla!" Amaan greeted and before I could respond, he side-hugged me as if I was okay with that. I saw the look on Max's face and he wasn't okay with it. He cleared his throat and we began conversing with each other, the three of us.

"Layla come here fast!" Zayn called out and I excused myself from the two boys.

* * * * *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!<33