Prologue

KONICHIWA, FOLKS! IT'S ME, KAMENCJ, BRINGING YOU A NEW FANFIC. NOW THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE KNOW THAT I HAVE A FANFIC WHERE ASH AND SERENA ARE KAMEN RIDERS TRAVELING THE WORLD. WELL, THAT ONE IS SLOW GOING RIGHT NOW, SO I THOUGHT I'D TRY MY HAND OUT AT SOMETHING. I HAVE RECENTLY READ A REALLY GOOD FANFIC CALLED ASHES OF THE PAST, A FANFIC WHERE CYRUS DESTRYS THE OG TIMELINE DURING THE EVENTS OF BLACK AND WHITE AND ASH IS SENT TO THE BEGINNING OF HIS JOURNEY BUT HAS THE ABILITY TO EVOLVE HIS POKEMON AND RETURN EVERYONE'S MEMORIES OF THE OLD TIMELINE. I THOUGHT I'D TRY MY OWN VERSION THAT HAS A DIFFERENT ENDING BEGINNING POINT. YOU'LL SEE WHEN THE STORY STARTS. ANYWAY. THIS A/N HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH!

***

To say Ash was confused would be an understatement.

He was in a strange white void, barely able to move around, hell, he was wondering how he was able to think. His head was throbbing so badly, he thought someone had taken an Iron Tail to it.

He just looked around trying to see if he could figure out where he was. Then it came back to him.

***

"ASH KETCHUM HAS DONE IT! ASH KETCHUM HAS BEATEN LEON! AND AS SUCH IS THE NEW MONARCH!"

Ash was wide eyed, his special 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt had connected to Leon's Charizard. And a large plume of dust had erupted and forced everyone to cover their eyes as the dust had cleared to show that Leon's Charizard was no longer Gigantimaxed and on the ground with swirly eyes. Ash could not believe it.

He had done it. HE HAD DONE IT! HE HAD DONE IT!

He had been handed the trophy and could not help but smile at Pikachu, Lucario, Sirfetched, Dracovish, Gengar, and Dragonite for their victory. He could not have done it without them. He may not yet be a Pokémon Master, but that did not mean he could not take pride in this achievement. Looking to the Crowd, he saw all his friends over the years. Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Max, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Clement, Bonnie, his Alola Friends, Lillie, Gladion, Chloe and Goh. He also saw his mother, his friends' families, and Professor Oak there as well.

Then, he saw her. The one who in a way, kept inspiring him throughout his journey after Kalos. Her Cerulean blue eyes met his as their gazes stopped, and time seemed to slow down. He was 19 now, and he finally understood something.

What happened when his Kalos Adventure ended, she had done something very few had done, but not like this one.

She kissed him, not on the cheek, but on the lips.

And now? Now he understood what it meant. Not just to her, but to him. And he wanted her to stay.

He smiled at Serena and Serena smiled back.

He was looking forward to the party in Pallet Town when he got home.

***