- Back At HQ -

Ava Paige's POV
(DEATH CURE SPOILERS)
"JANSONNN!!" I screamed, I ran out of my office and to the control room. I found him in his office looking at group A. "What have you done?!" I yelled at him, I looked on the monitor and saw Newt on the floor and everyone else is rushing around him trying to figure out what to do. "I just wanted to see how she's take it!" Janson smirked.
Janson had programmed Newt to stop breathing. "Wake him up! You idiot!" I shouted at him and scanned the buttons on his table. "Look she has to be prepared for what's coming Ava!" He said standing up out of his chair. "Look. I am trying to find a way to save him!! He's not dead yet Janson!! I can't watch her watch Newt go through that!" I said. "Let see what she does. Whether she knows remembers her training." He smiled and I stood there and watch Y/N cry and scream his name.

Reader POV
"NEWT! Don't you dare do this to me you shuck faced shuck!" I shouted! I didn't know what to do, I had tears soaking my face and the boys around were shouting things at me. Then it hit me.
I pushed everyone out the way and pressed my hands on Newt's chest. I started chest compression. "What are you doing?" Minho asked me, he looked genuinely confused. "CPR!" I shouted and I pushed harder to the rhythm. "What?!" Frypan asked. They didn't have a clue what CPR was, why?
After 5 minutes Newt gasped for air, "oh thank god!" I cried and wrapped my arms around his neck and nuzzled my head in his neck. I felt Newt's arms around me a few seconds later and he squeezed me tighter. "What the he'll happened?" I asked, "I had a horrible pain in my head and then the next thing I know I'm here! I don't know what's happening to me. I have been feeling really ropey and angry recently! I'm sorry!" He squeezed tighter and kissed my head.

Ava Paige's POV
(DEATH CURE SPOILERS!!!!)

"How did she know how to do that?!" I asked, I was just happy Janson had woke Newt up. "The device isn't working properly. Her brain is overriding it. Soon she's gonna remember everything. She's getting stronger again too. Look at Newt's hand. It's bruised." Janson looked at me with an angry look on his face. If she remembered everything this would mean bad things. "What do we do?" I asked lowering my head. "Get the scorch trials over with as quickly as possible."

Readers POV
A few hours later I refused to leave Newt's side. It was dark now and most of the boys including Jorge were asleep. My mind thought about Thomas, and how I hoped to God he was ok. Newt was still awake, he sat up against a wall hugging his knees to his chest and staring blankly in front of him. "You'll be okay Newt!" I said trying to reassure him, but I don't think it worked "Yeah, I know" he lied.