chapter 4. la la baby

Start from the beginning

"My god it was those stupid dimples." Jennie fell back into Adam dramatically, her brother not even flinching as she clung onto him like a koala. Making him carry her.

"I never ever want to see him or his team again."

Jennie groaned loudly catching sight of David and his team make their way into the ice rink, sitting towards the middle section where she could find him easily. "Ooh is that him? He and his team are super cute."

Julie bored catching sight of Jennie looking back, the surrounding Ducks turned around too. "He's not that good lucking." Luis voiced his thoughts, "Wait, till he smiles." Jennie sighed, turning back to David, the boy caught her eyes and immediately began grinning at her.

"Oh.. I see it now." Luis patted her arm gently, "Man this is embarrassing." Jennie whined, "Banks, ice now." The girl groaned, putting her helmet on her head before making her way onto the ice.

She heard David's team all cheering, she could feel it in her bones that it was them. And sure enough, she turned around to see them clapping. David shook his head in slight embarrassment of his team.

Guy passed to Jennie who took the puck, skating down the ice, she did a spin around number 41 of the Trinidad team before shooting the puck. Making it into the net, she jumped up as they were now leading 7-0.

The ducks immediately embraced the girl as the whole team jumped up on the sidelines. "Yeah!" She cheered, while high fiving Les as Jesse got onto the ice.

They began to next play, Jennie took the puck from the drop, shooting it over to Jesse while shoving her opponent down. Jesse skated down the ice furiously before one of the Trinidad players slide in front of Jesse causing him to fly into the net.

"Hey! What's your problem man!?" Jesse shouted pushing number 39, Jennie grabbed his arm. "Cool it down, okay? We got this." She advised, Jesse nodded his head at her, as the referee lead him away. "Jesse Hall, 2 minutes roughing."

Jennie sighed, getting back into position, "Alright, Fulton let's have some fun!" Dean called as he and Fulton got onto the ice, "Yeah, Portman, let's do it!" Fulton called gleefully as Jennie stole the puck from number 42.

She skated down the ice quickly only to meet the same fate as Jesse after she had shot the puck. A player slide out in front of her causing her to fly into the barricade. The ring of the point going off in the background. A groan escaped her lips as she was shoved back into the barricade by another player.

"Banks!" Bombay motioned for the girl to get back into the pit, she got back up, swaying slightly. "I'll take care of that for you princess!" Dean called to her, taking her arm he helped her over to the Ducks before setting off after her attackers.

Bombay lifted Jennie over the barricade, passing her off to Julie and Charlie. Charlie pulled her helmet off, he grabbed her face, "You okay?" She nodded her head slowly, "Little queazy."

She admitted, Julie passed her her water bottle, "You did good out there, got us up by another point." Jennie nodded her head as she drank her water. "Damn, Dean is destroying those guys." Jennie looked up to see Dean having had flipped her attacker over the barricade while singing.

She smiled rolling her eyes at his antics but grateful nonetheless. "Hey, you got a girl in the stands." Jennie looked over hearing Charlie talking, she noticed him looking at Adam. "Scouts man, look at them."

Adam revealed who he was looking at, "Don't worry about scouts, Adam, just play your best." Charlie nudged the blue eyed boy who turned to look at him. "Yeah, thanks, you okay, Jen?"

Jennie nodded her head, "Captain Duckie took care of me." She nudged Charlie, "Adam! In. Jennie?" Bombay looked at her questioningly, she nodded her head. "I'm good!"