chapter 1. the sassy barbie

chapter 1.
the sassy barbie
chapter song : karma

the sassy barbiechapter song : karma

May 6, 1978. Edina, Minnesota.

This was the month, day, year and city that the one and only, Jennifer Elizabeth Banks was born, approximately 7 minutes after her twin brother, Adam James Banks. Being born to Philip and Sarah Banks, a young, wealthy couple who had not been entirely ready for kids.

No one is.

Philip was a top lawyer, working long hours, hardly ever home but still he cared dearly for his family. Though he often pushed both of his kids to far, his words leaving lasting affects of them both.

Sarah was a top designer, not very active in her children's lives. She worked very hard to make sure they lived comfortably and loved them with her heart and soul. Even from afar.

Troy Banks was the oldest of the family, being the '1st Hawk' of the household. He was 17 and already made it to the minor league. Philip was very proud of him, often calling him 'his pride and joy'. Neither of the younger Banks were that close to him, but loved him none the less.

Adam was the second boy, a Hawk player, who took the game very seriously. Wanting to be like his older brother. Adam was known for his talent, agility, and of course, his looks. Best friend to James McGill and Andrew Larson of the Hawks.

Finally, came Jennie. She was also a Hawk player but didn't care much for the sport. The sport she did care for was volleyball but her parents didn't have time for her to do something other than hockey.

So she was a hawk.

Which meant that she was apart of the champion team and pampered because she was the only girl on the team. But that didn't mean that she was whiny or whimpy. She knew how to take care of herself, all on her own.

Which she never had to do because she has Adam. And Adam has her.

Jennie was one of the richest girls in Edina. She was pretty and popular. Many had crushes on her but she could never take her eyes off of Guy Germaine. A boy from St. Paul, Minnesota.

He was on the rival team, which weren't much of a threat but the Hawks hated and teased them all none the less. Jennie thought the boy was cute and never took time out of her day to make him miserable.

Because he was head over heels for Connie Moreau. Jennie could tell from the way his eyes would glide over to her when ever he spoke. Waiting for Connie's reaction.

It always broke Jennie's heart, because while she had never ever been in love before. She still wanted to experience a love like her grandparents. She wanted to be cared for like how her grandpa cared for her grandmother.

But Jennie never spoke more than two words to Guy. Which were, 'I'm sorry' after Adam, James and Andrew had picked on him and his friends. Jennie wasn't much for confronting the Hawk players for their actions but she didn't agree with them either.