chapter 6. the final hour

chapter 6.
the final hour
chapter song : the grants

Over the course of the next week, the ducks had been winning all their games

Over the course of the next week, the ducks had been winning all their games. Getting the attention of the public who had never really paid much attention to hockey. They thought it was strange how popular it was and how many people actually participated in the sport.

Jennie was just happy that Adam was happy. He seemed to be having the best time with the ducks, becoming best friends with Charlie Conway. This somewhat annoyed Jennie but she chose not to voice her distaste.

She'd never seen him as happy as he was. To have a real friend who genuinely cared for him like no other. But did Charlie really have to come over after every single game?

"Seriously?" Jennie scoffed as she opened the door to her house finding Charlie and Adam in the kitchen. Tammy walked in after her, trying not to laugh seeing the two boys covered in what seemed to be chocolate ice cream.

"Are you eating my ice cream?!" Jennie stormed over, smacking both boys upside the head before snatching the cartoon from them. "Jennie, don't be rude, he's my guest!"

Adam pushed his sister, "He's not a guest, he's an invasive species." Jennie stuck her tongue out at Charlie, who didn't even seem to care. "You're the one who looks like they were made in a lab."

Jennie grumbled under her breath before turning to Tammy, "Come on, these two are complete idiots." The blonde girl laughed, "Yeah, I can see. You both have got chocolate on your face."

Tammy pointed to their faces, the two boys spun around causing the two girls to laugh. "They're such losers." Jennie joked to Tammy as they headed up the stairs. "Did you see Charlie's face? He looked like he fell face first in mud."

Tammy nudged the girl, Jennie laughed, "He's lucky he's cute because being a clumsy and messy as he is, he wouldn't stand a chance at getting a date."

The blonde girl raised a brow, a smirk coming to her face as Jennie mindlessly began to take her hair out of the ponytail she'd put it in earlier. "Did you just call Charlie cute?"

Jennie looked back at Tammy, "No, I didn't." The blonde set her bag down, pointedly, "Yes, yes, you did. You said and I quote 'he's lucky he's cute'. Oooh you think Conway's cute!"

The two girls began to bicker, not knowing Charlie and Adam stood just outside the door. One of which was red in the face.

"He's not cute! I said he's a clumsy, messy idiot!" Jennie shoved Tammy over, a bright laugh escaping her lips. "Enough about Conway, I'm beginning to think you're obsessed with him."

Tammy rolled her eyes, before hearing whispers behind Jennie's door, Tammy smirked. "Hey, Jen, wanna know who I really really really like?" Jennie lifted a brow before realizing that two boys were outside the door.