chapter 7. the night confession

chapter 7.
the night confession
chapter song : all i wanted

Jennie slowly walked up to the park swings that sat at the end of her street

Jennie slowly walked up to the park swings that sat at the end of her street. Her eyes furrowed on the boy who was sat on the swings, slowly rocking back and forth.

His light brown hair being illuminated by the overhead light, a few other kids were scattered around the park. Shouting and throwing snow at each other, Jennie pulled her jacket closer to her body.

"Let's make this fast." She spoke sitting down on the second swing, Andrew Larson jumped from the swing beside her. "Right, sorry I called you this late. I just wanted to talk."

She crossed her arms over her chest, allowing her feet to stay planted to the ground. "Then talk." Andrew sighed softly, hearing her annoyed tone.

"I didn't mean to be the jerk that I was too you and Adam. Coach Reily told us to make sure that you guys lost, and to stop talking to you guys-." Jennie cut him off, "But I thought we were friends, Andy! How could you just cut us off like that?!"

"It wasn't me! You know how James is, he takes everything so seriously, he kept telling me the wrong place so I couldn't go with Adam on our hangouts. And once you guys left the Hawks, I just had James to talk too."

Andrew explained the situation to the girl, who swung quietly, "I really am sorry, Jennie... how's Adam?" Jennie got more comfortable, allowing herself to swing back and forth. "He's got a bruised shoulder but he said he's fine, he's coming home tomorrow.. you should apologize to him. He misses you."

Andrew nodded his head, "Yeah, I'll come by soon.. so ugh how's Ken?" Jennie couldn't help but frown, not at her relationship with Guy but the fact he asked while liking her. "He's a good friend.."

He looked at her slightly confused, "I thought you two w-." Jennie shook her head causing him to cut himself off, "Just friends.. can I ask you something?" Andrew nodded his head a few seconds after she asked her question.

"Did you um.. did you like me?" Andrew immediately became flustered by the question, unsure if he should deny or just confess. He chose the second option.

"I did.. I do." Jennie looked over at him slightly surprised by his confession, "I've liked you ever since I've known you.. every year I told myself I'd tell you but I'd chicken out the second I saw you look at-at.. him."

Her brows creased together, "Andy, I'm sorry-." "It's not your fault.. it's mine, I should have stopped being a chicken and told you." Jennie shook her head softly, "How did you.. how did you sit there and listen to me talk about Guy? Didn't it.. hurt?"

Andrew looked over at her, meeting her eyes with a genuine look on his face. "Even though you were talking about someone else, you were talking about it to me." Her heart pounded in her chest so loud she was sure he heard it.