lovers collided

-

you are crossing the busy yet bleak london streets, indulged amidst the smoke in the air. the one from traffic and from your cigarette both. you take a drag and watch the world surrounding you thru your tinted sunglasses that make your vision a shade darker leading to the sky going from gray to gray-er. london weather, you hate it and so does your seasonal depression.

the people are quite caught up in their own worlds. they are fast and unbothered. this is the sort of crowd you are passing thru in a hurry. you walk in a fast pace with your eyes set at nothing, really. it's raining severely. you hear your feet splash against little water puddles on the road and you let the rain droplets hit your face freely. they are soothing and chaotic both at the same time.

you stand out amongst the passerbys who are bolting past you in their dull colored umbrellas. your wet hair covers half of your face and you are a bit zoned out, your vision is a messy haze due to the blinding rain as well.

and that's when you run into him. your shoulders collide against his.

he lets out a groan and looks at you properly. oh that familiar voice of his and that umbrella he is holding. the webs of memories you both have with that umbrella is endearing. you also regain your composture and lock eyes with with him. his hair is perfectly imperfect as usual and he seems flustered, that too as usual. every single memory, chat, emotion, date, kiss, bond, trauma, night and day you shared with him pan out in your mind in the form of flashbacks. painful yet fond memories. his mind is also laced with many reminiscents of you. you look as beautiful as ever. that's what he says in his mind.

"are you okay?" he asks with obvious concern present in his voice.

he came from the left side of the road & you from the right side. we have to backtrack to the path he took. 

blur was having their first concert in a while. it was going smooth, damon was his energetic self, the crowd was lively & graham looked a bit distracted but that's besides the point. the people cheered & danced to their tunes. it's like they the stage was the world & they owned it for a day. the concert was a success.

it tired everyone out so they went to rest at damon & graham's flat to end this enjoyable night. the band was sitting in a circle on the sofa with a few other staff people. they were chatting about good good things that graham wasn't paying attention to. he was drinking a pint & he was mentally on a different planet.

"you know your ex girlfriend's back! she's waiting for you at the door!" someone brought him out of his thoughts.

"what?" he was flabbergasted.

"no way! take her to your room graham. god knows how long it's been! 3 months? yeah definately!" damon chuckled.

graham just sat there in silence, the boys had to cheer him on & sort of peer pressure him into opening the door to his ex girlfriend who had broken his heart. the band unfortunately didn't know the full story. graham never told them how she cheated on him.

he opened the door to his ex, "diana?"

"let's go to your room." she started pushing him deeper into the flat. all she needed was a booty call & nothing else.

she threw him on his bed & locked the door behind her so they'd get some privacy. graham just let it happen, he was already a bit dazed under the influence of alcohol. she started to kiss him which led to his face having a tons of maroon tinted lipstick marks.

"i missed you, graham." she said.

"hmm." he continued to drink.

 she slowly undid his shirt's buttons one by one. he stared at the corner behind her, something had caught his attention. the umbrella. how could he forget? it was bright red & vibrant contrary to his dark room. it was y/n's. he had accidentally brought it with him.