the misunderstanding

-

you woke up to a new day & you stretched your arms with a smile on your face. you were excited to start a new chapter fo your life with graham but he was nowhere to be found or at least he wasn't on the bed next to you. that was quite odd because it was his flat, he had to be in it.

right when you sat up & got ready to look for him, graham came by with a panicked look on his face, "you erm- need to leave y/n!" he said.

"right now?" you rubbed your eyes. why was he telling you to leave so early?

"right now!" he almost shouted.

"well i need to go the bathroom-" 

he cut you off, "no! you can't use the bathroom."

his suspicious behaviour erased all the sleep in your eyes, "why graham?"

"y/n leave. please! please! understand! leave now." he begged.

he was acting funny but you decided to give in. you walked to the front door of his flat which he indirectly guided you towards. he seemed quite eager to kick you out, something about him felt off. he wasn't being himself. graham let out a sigh of relief as you left. he closed his eyes but jumped when he felt someone's hand on his shoulder.

"she leave yet?" it was damon.

"yeah!" he said in an annoyed tone & sat down on the sofa. damon did the same. he actually wasn't lying about coming there to physically pick up graham. he actually came today morning & graham didn't want you & damon to see each other.

"why couldn't we meet? me and y/n? is she even real graham or is she another one of your school imaginary girlfriends?" damon asked.

he rolled his eyes, "you two didn't meet because i know you lot wouldn't like each other plus she doesn't know about me being in blur! i was worried that there might be an off chance she recognized you & associated me with blur or something- that's why." 

"and why can't she know about you being in blur?" 

"because she isn't fond of modern day rockstars." he sighed.

damon let out a dragged chuckle, "you're pathetic graham."

"loving someone doesn't make me pathetic." he defended himself.

"our flight's in 2 hours, we have to leave now." damon changed the topic.

graham rested his hands on his hips as he scanned thru his mind for excuses of staying back longer. he shared a look with damon, there was fire in his eyes. he was firm about it. convincing damon was going to be difficult but problem was graham felt seperation anxiety from y/n. he was home sick in a way & you were home.

"i need to see her one last time." graham stated.

damon stood up, "oh for fucks sake graham!"

"no! damon! i seriously need to go to her house erm- i forgot something there." graham lied. he would anything to see you again.

silence filled the room as damon contemplated this.

"ok we will take a cab there but make it quick because we'll go to the airport right after, we can't miss this flight." he agreed.

-

meanwhile you stood in the middle of your house with a racing mind. you had done the walk of shame back home & you felt like shit. graham kicked you out of his house rudely without any explanation. you ran to your phone to check for any voicemails or missed calls. zero. he hadn't even called to ask if you had reached home.

you questioned did he use me for sex?

that's right when your phone buzzed. you picked it up expecting graham but it was actually ray.

"y/n did you know that your boyfriend is a fucking rockstar?" he said preemptively. it caught you off guard.

"what are you on about ray & why'd you not return my calls for so many days? i was calling you to apologize for being a shitty friend!" you explained.

"we will sort that out later but listen to what i discovered today. i was watching tv, there's nothing else to do in the hospital where my mom is at but i saw this mtv interview with your boyfriend graham in it- it was actually him with the rest of his band. they were called- yeah! blur!" he said.

"what!?" you leaned into the conversation despite it being on the phone.

"i asked my aunt about it & she told me blur is the most popular britpop band currently. she keeps up with all that. graham is the guitarist & a bloke named damon is the frontman. y/n your boyfriend is a fucking celebrity & he never told you?" ray finished his sentence.

"no he never did." you felt betrayed & finding out that he is a celebrity only confirmed your suspicion of him using you for sex.

"he did have weird interactions with people at the club that one time and he said he was bad at interviews once & there he is-" your eyes met with a panting graham entering thru the open front door.

"i'll call you later." you hung up on ray.

graham bolted to hug you. he was happy to see your beautiful & captivating features again & he whole heartedly wished this wasn't a last time. he hated goodbyes. 

you pushed him off, "you lied to me about your whole identity graham!" 

he was shocked because according to him he had kept his secret fully in tact, "what-" he mumbled.

"you're a celebrity. ray told me that you're in a band called blur." you confronted him.

"let me- expla-in." he stuttered on his words. his balaclava was starting to fade & he didn't know who he was without it especially in front of y/n.

"what is there to explain graham. you fucking lied to me. you lied about not knowing guitar just to get into my house right? you fucking creep!" you were losing your temper now. 

"it was because you said you didn't like modern day music & celebrities!" he replied with that.

you scoffed, "no graham i am not angry at you for being a celebrity i'm angry at you for keeping it a secret & lying. i can't trust you anymore. you backstabbed me."

"i didn't backstab you! what!" right when he said that damon barged in even tho he was told not to specifically by graham.

"cmon we have to go. your 5 minutes are over." he started to drag graham towards the door.

"you did backstab me! you kicked me out of your flat after getting what you wanted. i'm just a number to you because oH yOu're a cElebRity! yOu hAve toNs of fAn girlS who wAnt to ShAg yOu & you probably let them! graham! you made me feel like shit today morning!" you shouted at him.

damon had almost pushed him out the door fully by then, "no y/n-" he tried to combat his mate's force.

"i bet you only said i love you to get sex from me!" tears rolled down your cheeks.

graham was stood out the door, "no that isn't true!"

"you used me! you did!" you broke down.

damon was getting bothered by all this, he wanted this drama to end because it was indeed drama to him, "yeah, yeah! you two shagged casually it didn't mean anything to him, now get over it." he said & his words hurt like a dagger to you.

graham protested & denied that but you didn't hear him amidst the sorrow you were drowning in. the boys left with that statement ringing in your ears.