opposites attract

(a/n: just for a minute imagine this a movie and there's a little montage right in this moment)

-

the next couple of days were followed by you and graham going on many more dates. sometimes sight seeing, sometimes cafes, sometimes expensive restaurants, sometimes parks, sometimes the local art gallery and sometimes your house. you two equally enjoyed every single one of these dates.

usually, this town was lacking of fun places and activities but it's innate to find things to do if you're enthralled about someone.

sundays were reserved for guitar classes. graham would visit your house and you'd sit on his lap with your guitar, playing it and teaching him the c chord for days straight. the road on which this relationship was headed on was smooth, graham's secret was  a secret and he still made you tea everyday and while he did so, you'd hug from behind sometimes slowly putting your hands up his t shirt.

and when you weren't hanging out with him, going on dates, sharing memories, laughs and stories, you were on your job at which graham always found a way to crash at. he'd come by during the morning, he had memorised the starting time of your shift.

 he'd lean over your desk and watch you draw for hours on end. you were really getting somewhere with your drawing. plus in a few days you found out graham talked, like a lot. your first impression of him why shy and troubled but after opening up to you, he wouldn't shut up. 

you two always kissed over the desk. graham left when you did. graham came when you did. he was getting attached and so were you. 

ray's workload increased because you were too distracted by graham to do anything but he did his and your duties at the arcade without complaining as he was happy to witness you two's budding romance. ray liked seeing you with him. 

-

graham fluttered open his eyes to the birds chirping a tune outside. he sat up in a dazed state, questioning how he had managed to wake up this early? then his ears picked up on the buzzing sound coming from his phone. he let out a huff while letting his blanket come undone. he sat up and put the phone up against his ear.

"hello?" he layed back down and sunk into the hollow, comfort-ness of his bed. he wasn't having any of this.

"it's me." he heard from the other end.

"who's me?' 

graham closed his eyes after uttering that.

"are you drunk?"

he shook awake, "ha? no! i'm sleeping!" 

"it's me damon! you being away from me has given you short term memory loss." his mate scoffed from the other end.

"oh- damon! yeah! it's too early- it's-" graham rubbed his eyes to make the sleep disappear.

"7 pm. it's not morning graham." he replied.

"what's the matter? why'd you call?" asked graham. he opened up his curtains to find the evening birds chirping. it was indeed 7 pm and he was a mess.

damon smiled, "gra- i bought a new flat and the view is fucking amazing! and with dave- well he's planning to propose to his girlfriend in a month and erm alex he's single but he's adopted a dog." 

him and damon laughed in sync.

"we miss you, that's all." he topped off his sentence with that.

damon had reminded graham of his old life, he got a whiff of it and in his mind he relived everything in that instance. his old life, he could smell it, he could hear it but he couldn't touch it. time is a scary thing, graham wasn't very comfortable with the concept of the moving time and the uncertainty that came with it. so much had changed and he felt scared by it a little.