Vol 1 Ch 7: The First Priority.

Hirano pov:-

Special Exam ・ Overall Ranking

1st Place
・ Class 2-A
・ Average Score: 725

2nd Place
・ Class 2-C
・ Average Score: 653

3rd Place
・ Class 2-D
・Average Score: 640

4th Place
・ Class 2-B
・ Average Score: 621

Class points as of May 1:-

Class A: 1034cp

Class B: 920cp

Class C: 978cp

Class D: 281cp

If it's not already obvious we will be rising to Class B. And the difference in class points between class A and our class is 56 points.

Just a little more and we are there!

However that isn't the most important thing right now.

What's more important is that there is a big rumor going around about Kiyotaka (I call him by his given name cause of Hiyori and vice versa) scoring a 100. Did that guy no longer care about hiding his smarts? No... his other scores are still average.

I thought as I walked down the road. I could see the baseball field from here where there seemed to be a match happening.

"You bastard!"

Nevertheless, Ren really did come chasing after me.

"Oh? Hey Ren! How's it going?" I asked in a cheerful tone with big smile on my face.

"You asshole! You tricked me!"

"Hm? How is that my fault? Isn't it the fault of the one who was tricked in the first place?"

"You-! If I had known about protection points, I would have never made that deal! If only that bastard would have told me!"

That "bastard" Ren is referring to is Akagi. When we had talked back on my birthday, I had made him agree to do two things for me.

First, it was to not tell Ren about protection points.

Second, well... that will come into play later.

"I was going to lose a protection point anyway, so I thought that instead of getting nothing in return, I might aswell get something."

"You-!"

He grabbed me by collar threatening to strangle me.

"Hey. Hey~ cool your jets. Do you really want to be caught on camera threatening other students?"

Ren glared at me as he slowly lowered his arm and his hand let go of me.

"Now then. Since we are so civilized. How about you answer one of my questions. Why are you or rather Gima-sensei so inclined to have me expelled?"

"Don't know, don't care." He spoke as he shrugged his shoulders.

"He said it's something to do with politics and what not."

Politics? But my family was never involved in politics?

"Eitherway, it went along with my goals so I never asked."

"Your goals? So tell me, why do you want me expelled?"

"Because I don't like you. I don't need any other reason besides that."

"No reason? What did I do to you? What's your damage?"

"..."

Ren went silent before he spoke again. This time in a cold tone.