Vol 1 Ch 3: The First Years part 1

Hirano pov:-

Bam!

The sound reverberate around the class as Ryuuen slammed his hand on the table.

After the last exam, Ryuuen has once again become the class leader.

"Listen Maggots. You will not pair up with anyone until I say so! Got it?"

"Do you have something in mind?" I asked standing next to him.

"Kukuku. I do. Infact you play a big role in it Hirano."

"Huh?"

Ryuuen let everyone go after they promised not to pair up with anyone. He and I alone stayed behind.

"What the hell are you planning Ryuuen?"

"Kukuku. Why don't we first go check the first year classes?"

"And why take me with you?"

"Follow me." He spoke without giving me an answer.

And so I went around with him. Checking the first year classrooms.

Timeskip:-

We had talked with a few first year students from classes 1A, 1B and 1C. Sadly we didn't meet the person I wanted to meet. However, something strange happened.

"Huh? Why is no one here?" It hasn't been so long that everyone should have left.

I know Ichinose is having a greeting event. Did they all went there?

"Kukuku. Interesting. So class 1D already has a leader?"

"A leader? That fast?!" I asked.

Ryuuen with his usual grin closed the door to the classroom and started walking away.

Coincidentally, we met some fellow second year students.

"Kuku. You're awfully late, eh Suzune?" Ryuuen was the one who started the conversation with Horikita Suzune of Class 2D.

Along with her, I could also see a few familiar faces of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka and Sudo Ken.

"Ryūen-kun, are you here to observe the first-years as well? I don't think I saw you at the meet-and-greet."

"It was all just a buncha dipshits groupin' up in the gym, right? Going there'd be a waste of time."

Horikita seemed to have adopted the same strategy as Ryuuen. That is, to go after the students who didn't attend
the meet and greet.

"Chill out. I haven't found anyone yet."

Horikita and Sudō wouldn't trust his words very easily. That is, at least until the app is updated with the pairings that had been finalized for Class 2-C.

"Looks like you don't believe me."

"At the very least, I'm going to take everything you say with a grain of salt."

"That so? Seems like I've become quite the untrustworthy person!"

"Oh? But I've never once treated you with anything resembling trust before, though?"

"Kukuku, ain't that true."

Sudō glared daggers at Ryūen, seemingly displeased with the joking nature of his back-and-forth with Horikita.

The average person would probably shrink back in fear from the sharp look Sudō was giving off, but it had no effect on somebody like Ryūen.

“I see you got yourself a bodyguard, but god did you choose a dumb one.”