Chapter two: A Destiny to Unfold

It was a dreamless sleep for as far as I could tell. When I woke up, I was in what appeared to be an abandoned building. I was in a large room with walls that were bare of even sheetrock in most places. If I didn't know better I'd say this place was abandoned even before it was finished being built. As I looked around I saw Colt sitting in a chair across the room, next to him was another man of similar build. He had dark brown hair and was wearing a dark blue robe.

                "He's awake," Colt rose from his chair and walked briskly over to me. I started to get up when I noticed I wasn't on a bed or a chair or even a couch, I was simply on the ground. What hospitality.

                "What's going on here, who are you guys!" My sense's were all coming back and reality was hitting me hard. Last thing I remember was the mall was being destroyed by some guy using magic. Clearly I must have been dreaming.

                "There is much to explain and not much time to do it in. So I'll just speed right on through," The dark haired man began to speak, "My name is Rafael and this is my friend Colt, though I do believe you two were introduced once already. You must be full of questions but please refrain from interrupting until we have time. The two of us are part of the Order of the First Light. The Order was established to seek and train all who was granted the gift of magic from Aulden, the God of Life," I began to open my mouth to speak when Colt raised his hand, signaling me to be quiet, "You not only have been given that gift, but the Fallen One's have prophesized about you. It was vague, but what we do know is that you will be targeted by many, in the hopes of turning the tides of war in their favor. That includes Tyson, protégé of Promak, the God of Darkness. I'm sure this must be rather hard to comprehend right now, but trust us, they will come for you. We needed you to be conscience to make our next move, were going to use the transport circle to teleport back to our camp, it's a one at a time thing so we cant just carry you this time around. Colt has set the circle, when you step into it, try to concentrate on the magic inside of you. Once it senses your magic, that's the trigger to teleporting you through. Easy right? Now any questions on the teleportation?"

                Questions? Why yes, I have about a hundred of them.

                "I don't know how to concentrate on magic, I've never done magic. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT." I guess I could of not yelled, but it was a bit much too fast.

                "It's not hard, your not going to be doing any magic really, just acknowledging the magic in you. Try to focus on the magic, sell it to yourself that you do possess magic, that's when it will happen. After you Colt." The dark haired man and I watched as colt stepped into a bright blue glowing circle. A moment later he vaporized into thin air.

                "You want me to do that?" I asked hesitantly. The dark hair man stepped on the circle and gave me a stern look.

                "If the hero from the prophecy cant use magic, then he isn't our hero, we got the wrong guy. If you cant use this teleportation circle, then you will have some VERY unfriendly people coming for you very soon." And just like that, he was gone as well and I was all alone in this room.

                It was just me and the glowing circle. After a few seconds I walked into the circle and waited for, I don't know what. As I stood I felt more and more stupid, nothing was happening to me, I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I thought to myself Come on Jayson, magic, you have magic USE IT. No use yelling at myself though.

                A moment later I heard footsteps on the ceiling above. Ok, now it was time to panic, I am told I have magic within me, and now is the time to use it! More sets of footsteps slammed on the ceiling, I could now hear the muffled voices. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I knew that any minute they would be down here, looking right at me.