Chapter 9 - Y/N POV

Leave it to my own mother to make a surprise reappearance to ruin everyone's holidays. She hasn't shown herself yet but sending her lackies for her is such an "Agatha" thing to do.

 Wanda has seemed off since she saw Billy the other day, which is entirely understandable. After the trauma she went through with Steven Strange and meeting another her and that Wanda's children, she has every right to need her space.

 I considered staying at home today waiting for her call or text to see each other, but I took myself out to the bookstore to find a few things for her in lieu of Christmas. I want to get her something special to make up for such an uneasy holiday we're having together this year.

 The windchimes go off over my head as I step foot inside this very dated bookstore. It smells of overread books and must, but its charming. Books are stacked floor to ceiling, and this is more of a labyrinth than another Chapters but I'm up for a challenge. It helps I also have lots of free time to explore.

"Anything you're looking for in particular?" says a voice from a near distance.

"No, not really!" I call out, peering down isles to try and find who the mystery voice belongs to.

"I'm around if you have any questions!!" it's a male, young, and I can't find him. I don't consider it an all too important task, and I go back to looking for Wanda.

 An hour has gone by, I've found myself a corner in between the history section to go through what I've gathered. Wanda is always looking for books to introduce to the class, so I've picked up some new Mythology books as well as some New-Age books for us to look at together. I found out she has a cute gardening side to her, and herbalism is something I've wanted to dabble in for a while.

 As I'm going through one of the herbalism books, the lights flicker above me and go out within seconds. My stomach turns as I take this as my sign to leave and grab my haul off the ground.

"Going so soon?" says the voice from earlier, closer now but hard to find since my eyes haven't adjusted to the dark.

"Yeah ha-ha, I can't really see in the dark" I clutch the books closer to me and goosebumps form on my skin.

 I need to find my way out of here, now.

"That's silly, an experienced witch can't use her magic to read in the dark? I could do that when I was 10" this is a female voice now, taunting and malicious.

"Why would you think I'm a witch?" I call out, making my way down the isles faster, the front door in sight. I feel something around me, and I swear there are shadows walking alongside me over in the other isles, but I don't stop to test that theory.

 I'm finally out of the hundreds of rows of books and pick up my pace even more, until I feel myself being pushed onto the ground from behind.

"What the fuck?!" I scream as I struggle to get out from the person on top of me. I feel them try to pin themselves harder into my back and finally I let my anger take hold of my magic and purple glows from my hands as I fly off the ground and fling the person who was on top of me into one the bookshelves.

 I catch my breath hovering and slowly lower myself when I'm not met with my match in the air. I twist my hand and make little orbs of light appear around the room, shining light on the figure emerging out from the collapsed books that covered them.

"Just like your mom" the woman straightens herself out and dusts her hands off on her pants.

"Who are you?" I demand, standing tall to show her I'm not done.

"You're pretty little girlfriend didn't tell you we met? That's so rude" she scoffs as she approaches me, followed by a boy who was lurking in the shadows this whole time. His eyes appear red before he enters the light.

"Billy" I say aloud, and he curtsies for me.

"I also go by Wiccan, more appropriate according to your mother" he looks at me, and the mention of her turns my stomach upside down.

"That means you're Tabitha" I glare over at her, her smile unnerving.

"The one and only" she bows, and it takes everything in me not to break her arms.

"What do you want from us?" I ask between them, inching closer to the door hoping to make my exit sooner than later.

"We've been told to keep an eye on you until she's ready" says Billy, motioning closer towards me.

"Keeping an eye on me doesn't mean trapping me in a bookstore and possibly killing me"

"Well, she never specified on what the rules were" Tabitha moves her hand up in the air, seeing the magic flow out her fingertips. Her power shines green, which makes me wonder what Coven she came from.

"You and I both know I could kill you two right here and now if I wanted" I raise my hand up from my side and fling my magic forwards to create a domino affect with bookcases as they fall one by one.

 While they shielded themselves from harm, I ran out the door and sprinted the rest of the way home. I know whatever has just started, is nowhere near being over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is getting out of hand now" Wanda paces her living room, her being the first person I went to after everything had happened.

"I know love, I'm more worried for us everyday she doesn't just get this over with" I sigh.

"We could always go looking for her ourselves and hope she's alone. I wouldn't want to bring Billy into this more than he has somehow gotten himself involved. Tabitha I'll gladly get rid of first" her hands glow and I remember what Tabitha had said earlier, about Wanda.

"She mentioned you earlier" I started, my eyes scanning the skin I was picking around my fingers.

"Why would she do that? What did she say?" she asks, almost a little too interested.

"Just that my pretty little girlfriend didn't mention you had met, even though you had. I guess she was hoping you'd describe her in more detail?" I rise off the couch and Wanda won't make eye contact with me.

"Wanda?" I move closer to her, and she backs up into the island in her kitchen.

"It wasn't anything, I promise" my heart sinks as I hear those words come out of her mouth.

"What the hell does that mean?"

"She was intimidating the other day when we first met, and I think because of you and I and how we are when we're together, it made me feel a little turned on" she looks up at me as our eyes are both watering.

"Wanda please tell me you're kidding" I put my hand up to my chest, because it really felt like someone took a knife to my heart.

"My love I am so sorry, it was nothing I promise" she reaches for my hand, and I don't let her take it.

"You can go be with her then" I seethe and storm out of her house, making my way down the street in the convenient storm that has started out of nowhere.

I don't know where I need to go or who I need to be with, but I need to distract myself however I can.  

**this is going to be so bad for everyone involved. what are wanda and y/n going to do? where is agatha???? this is going different than what i planned to write but i like it and i hope you guys do too!! :)***