Sixteen

"Please, I don't know anything." I sobbed and he grabbed the metal stick from the burning flame.

"Oh really?"
He asked his voice sly and harsh. I nodded as the tears flowed down my cheeks and he balled my hair up in his fist.

"I don't exactly believe you, my dear. And now you'll be punished."

He exclaimed and pressed the metal against the skin behind my ear. I screamed in pain and he pulled me towards him.

"Now you'll forever know, you belong to me."

"Emma!"
Nikolai yelled as he shook my shoulders. I blinked and stared at him.

My cheeks felt wet and my eyes stung. I knew I had been crying. I was used to this feeling.

He pulled me into his chest and held me tightly.

"You were crying and begging." He whispered.

I wiped away my tears and curled up next to him as he held me closely.

"I had a nightmare. That's all."

"It was about them wasn't it?"He asked and I nodded.

"I'll make them pay." He vowed and pulled me closer.

NIKOLAT'S POV

I lay in bed next to Emma working on my laptop. It was really late and I was tired. I yawned and powered the laptop down.

I had to leave tomorrow, again. I put the laptop on the ground when I heard whimpering.

Emma began tossing and turning, sweaty and tears flowed down her cheeks.

"No.. please....please...please." She sobbed and began scratching at the mark behind her ear.

"No, Emma stop." I demanded and pulled her small hand away. She was frozen.

I began shaking her shoulders and calling her name.

"Emma!" I yelled. Her eyes began to flutter open then she stared at me, her eyes and cheeks wet.

She looked scared and sad. I pulled her into my chest, close to me and held her tightly.

"'You were crying and begging." I whispered. Her hand reached up and wiped away her tears. She curled up closer to me and I held her tighter.

"I had a nightmare. Thats all." She replied, her voice hoarse.

"It was about them wasn't it?' I asked trying to remain calm.

I could feel her nodding against my chest and I felt the rage boiling inside of me.
They did this to her.

"I'll make them pay." I vowed, darkly. I was going to make them pay for everything. I pulled her closer to me and slowly she fell back asleep.

EMMA'S POV

I woke up in his arms and he kissed my forehead.

"I have to leave soon Emma." He whispered and I frowned.

"Why?" I asked.

"Business." He replied. Of course. Damn it.

"Ok " I whispered and he hugged me tightly.

"I'lI be back before you wake up tomorrow." He said and I sighed.

I sat up and softly kissed him on the lips.
"How bout' some sugar before I leave?"
He asked smirking.

"No, you've had enough sugar. You're teeth will rot." I replied and he kissed me back.

"I haven't even used my teeth yet." He whispered and I blushed.