Nine

Two weeks later

"When do you think you'll be ready for kids?" Nikokai asked and I slowly rested my book on my lap.

"Excuse me?"

"Just out of curiosity."

"I don't know. Maybe when I'm twenty." I replied and he nodded.

I had moved back into the room, last night. I kept a pillow between us but I think he was grateful I was sleeping with him again.

We sat on the couches by the fireplace, quiet. I was reading while he did work and we didn't speak for awhile.

"You need something to occupy you."
He announced and I arched an eyebrow.
"I read, I'm occupied enough." I replied and he sighed.

"Follow me." He muttered and I sighed, but I put my book down and followed him out of the room.

•*•*•*。*。

"No."

I said crossing my arms as the maids huffed and puffed around the kitchen.

"Why not?" He replied and I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm trying not to sound spoiled, but no.
You have maids, plus my parents never taught me how to cook."

"Learn then!" He exclaimed and I glared at him.

"Why?!"

I exclaimed and the maids glanced at us.

"Because I want to have some meals when we go on trips without wasting money!"
He shot back and I crossed my arms.

"Well I don't want-"
He shot me a look and I shot him one.
"Think of this as just an occupation-"
"No. I'm not doing this and you can't make me." I hissed and began to walk out of the kitchen.

"Emma wait! At least come meet Adrien!" He called after me and I stopped. Who? I walked back over and he smiled.

"Adrien!"

He called and a maid scurried over. She had to be my age. Maybe a year older. She had short black hair, a nose piercing and was quite tall with pale skin.

"Emma, this is Adrien. My childhood best friend. Adrien this is Emma, my wife." He introduced us and I shook her hand.

She pulled me into her and hugged me.
"We're gonna be good friends. I get off in about two minutes, we can hang out then."
She announced and I smiled.

"Sure."
I replied and Nikolai grinned at us.
"You can go now, I have an 'occupation'." I told him and he rolled his eyes, but left the kitchen.

"So, he wanted to make you cook?" Adrien asked me and I nodded.

"What a loser." She muttered and I laughed.
"Have you seen the back garden yet?"
She asked and I shook my head. What garden?

"Oh my goodness! It's beautiful. Nikolai stopped taking me there around the time he turned ten." She told me and I smiled.

"Only Ivanov's are allowed in though and a guest or guests of their choice. But you are an Ivanov now, so me and you can go to the garden."

She said with a smirk spreading across her face. I matched it and we raced out of the kitchen.

We ran out of the mansion and out the back door towards some creepy forest.

1 glanced around as we entered the forest and Adrien chuckled.

"Don't worry the beauty is after the gate." She said and I nodded. In the distance I could see a gold gate when someone began calling after us.

I turned around and Cooper began running for us.

"Cooper!" She exclaimed then grabbed my elbow.

"Run!" She exclaimed laughing and we began running.

We kept laughing as we ran towards the gates when we were scooped up in
Cooper's arms.

"Put us down, Cooper!" Adrien exclaimed.
"I can't. Nikolai said not to let you two in the garden, you little rascal." Cooper replied and she sighed.

"Well can I walk please?" I asked and he put me down. I brushed down my dress then followed him back towards the mansion.

"Why can't we go to the garden?" I asked.

"Because Nikolai said so. "

He replied and I sighed. I left up to my room while Cooper and Adrien left their own ways, after he put her down.

I walked past his office when I heard something crash on the ground.

"I don't fucking care! Get it done or I'll kill
you!"

Nikolai roared and I took a step back.

Oh he was mad.

The door opened and I jumped then began running to our room. Holy crap.
I ran in then slammed the door. I began tidying things up so he would be in a better mood when he got back.

The door opened and he stormed in. I glanced at him then he stopped.

"No going to the garden."
He said pointing at me and I rolled my eyes.

"I mean it." He hissed and I crossed my arms.

"Why not?" I asked giving a fake pouty lip.

"Because I said." He replied and I groaned then jumped on the bed.

"Give me one good reason." I exclaimed jumping. He walked over and grabbed my ankle causing me to fall on my back.

He crawled overtop of me and rubbed his thumb on my cheek.

"Because I said so and I want to show you it on my own."

He muttered and I rolled my eyes. He let a small smirk form on his face before he got off of me.

"Whats wrong?" I asked, sitting up.

"Nothing." He replied and I nodded.
"Well I'm gonna go."

I muttered and got off of the bed. I left the room and he followed.

"Cooper!"
Nikolai called and Cooper raced up the stairs past me. He then ran back down and matched my pace.

"I don't need a bodyguard."
I announced, stopping and turning to face Nikolai.

"Yes you do. Adrien's sneaky and always gets into trouble."
He replied with a small smirk and I rolled my eyes.

Cooper and I walked down the rest of the stairs and I sighed. "Where does Adrien stay?" I asked.

"In one of the bedrooms here, on the main floor. The rest of the maids stay in the maid quarters."

Cooper replied leading me down a hallway.
He stopped in front of a door and knocked on it. Adrien opened it and smiled at me.

"Come on in."
She told me and I walked in. Her room was decorated, unlike the other rooms.

She probably decorated it herself, with her band posters and other stuff. Cooper shut the door and sat down in a chair.

He began to go through his phone and I sat on the bed next to Adrien. She opened her laptop and brought up a movie.

"I hope you don't mind, this is just my relax time." She told me and I shook my head.

"It's fine, this is all I do." I replied and she laughed.

Cooper glanced at us then put his attnetion back on his phone while we watched our movie.