4

it had been a few weeks since his birthday. yoongi hadn't stopped thinking about you. he saw how much you really cared about people, and it was on his mind. as much as he hated to say it, he couldn't deny that he liked you a little bit.

he knew he shouldn't, for a lot of reasons. you were younger, you were friends with his sister, and he had only known you for about a month. he shoved those feelings away and denied having them, hoping it would pass.

"hey," he said, leaning on his sister's doorframe, "where's your friend? she hasn't been around lately." he asked, hoping he wouldn't sound suspicious. his sister didn't look up from her phone. "on vacation in ibiza with her family. why?"

"no, no, i was just wondering, that's all." he said, looking around the hallway quickly. "oh god," she said, her voice panicked, "you don't have a crush on her, do you?" she asked him. "what! no. that's crazy" he said defensively.

she raised her eyebrow at him. "are you sure?" he scoffed. "of couse i'm sure! i was just curious. can't i ask a question around here without getting interrogated?! jeez." he said, shoving his hands in his pockets and taking off down the hallway.

he shut his room door behind him and flopped down in his desk chair. all he could do was stare up at the ceiling and come to terms with the reality of the situation.

he loved you.