She put Meredith into the bathroom and told Taylor to set up the litter box. While that was about as unsexy as it got, it had to be done so they didn't have to worry. Grace closed the blinds while Taylor did that. She looked in the full length mirror above the dresser and fiddled with her hair.

She looked at her lipstick and brushed her thumb along the tiniest imaginary smudge. Despite just a hair under thirteen months together, Grace still wanted to look her best when Taylor saw her, even if it was just in the two minutes it took to make the cats comfortable and wash up.

"Where were we?" Taylor shut the bathroom door behind her. She had caught Grace doing her touch ups, a faint smile spread on her lips when she noticed it.

"I think you were saying something about a show?" Grace hummed with a playful smirk.

"I think that was you," Taylor stepped closer, "And if I remember correctly, you were made aware that wasn't going to happen."

"We'll see, darling," Grace put her fingers around the collar of Taylor's long sleeve shirt and brought her close. She sealed their lips together with a soft kiss, one that still made Taylor unbearably satisfied with the softness of Grace's lips.

"Do you remember the night we met?"

It was a silly question, Grace recalled every detail, "Of course I do. I remember how you said you had no idea where your boyfriend was, and how I put my foot in my mouth by poking fun at the event theme that you helped decide on."

"Not that," Taylor softly laughed so close to Grace's face that the former heiress could feel her breath, "The first time you kissed me, do you remember that?"

"Yes, you took a moment to kiss me back," Grace tucked Taylor's hair behind her ears, "And the ends of your hair tickled my cheek. It was hard to focus, my heart was racing."

"Was it?" Grace had never admitted that. Taylor found it endearing to note that Grace was nervous that night, too. It wasn't something she had considered.

"Definitely. But then I kissed you like this," Grace slowly guided Taylor towards the wall. She pressed her hands to her hips strongly to brace her before she leaned in and kissed her. When she pulled away, she added, "And then our eyes flickered open for just a second and I knew you were all in."

"I think I kissed you next," Taylor's gaze glanced between Grace's now actually smudged lipstick and her green, sickeningly deep eyes. She did kiss her, trying to recreate the sparks that had flown that night and promptly caused a fire around life as they knew it.

"I undid your dress," Taylor wasn't wearing a dress so Grace did the next best thing and pulled her top off, "Before we even got to the bedroom and then I was brazen enough to push you right onto the bed."

"I liked that a lot," Taylor tried to steady her breathing, "You should do it again."

"Should I?"

"I don't like to beg," Taylor said lightheartedly but Grace was quick to smile and even quicker with her response.

"That's never stopped you before."

Grace, much more carefully than she had done it in the past, put her palms on Taylor's bare shoulder blades after Taylor stood next to the edge of the bed. She shoved just enough that Taylor went down onto the blanket and the singer laughed, "I'm not fragile."

Grace couldn't reply to that. If she had so much as broken a fingernail, Grace was sure that all bets would be off and she would spend the entire night apologizing with a heavy heart.

From there, it was obvious how the rest of the night went. Taylor worked on pulling off Grace's top, her fingernails raked against her bra straps until she undid it. She tossed Grace's bra to the side, it was haphazardly hanging off the mattress. Grace kissed her deeply and Taylor's lips moved in time with it, and then her lips went down Taylor's neck.