8- Goodwill Event | A Complete Victory

The event started very quickly, I wasn't really listening to what Maki said about strategy and instead just followed Itadori. The Kyoto faction was releasing insane amounts of bloodlust toward Itadori for a while now. Calling it insane might be an exaggeration actually, the only reason I could detect it was thanks to Haki. Reading the intention behind an intention.

Itadori looked at me as we ran, "Lucifer --"

"Just call me Chrollo," There was another regret I had... why did I call myself Lucifer again? Was I on drugs? Such an overwhelmingly edgy name. Did I want to be an eminence in the shadows or something?

"Right... Chrollo, thanks for the help. Maki-Senpai would have probably kicked my ass," he whispered, "So uh... thanks for taking the fall for me" He scratched the back of his head.

"No worries. We both trained under Gojo-sensei, right? So obviously we gotta stick out for each other." I said with a smile. I put my hand on his shoulder and grinned, "Now c'mon, we gotta win this competition."

"Chrollo! What are you doing all the way back there?!" Maki asked, I tilted my head at her question. I was obviously following Itadori so he wouldn't get assassinated. 

"Chrollo? Oh my. Okkotsu has competition," Panda said with a teasing hum.

Maki turned her head, "What'd you mean by that?!"

"Nothing, I just didn't think you were so close together." Panda turned his head and smiled, "Chrollo-kun, you dog!"

I knit my eyebrows and looked around before leaning toward Nobara, she seemed like the kind of person who would understand what was happening. "What's he talking about?"

"... You can't be serious," Nobara said, perplexed. "He's talking about --"

"--!" A powerful presence came from the woods. I dashed forward and kicked it before it could reach us. "KO!" I don't know why I felt the need to scream out the Nen concept, but after One Piece I just had this overwhelming urge to do it. Whoever was behind the bushes was sent back a few meters. 

"Nice Speed, Nice power," He complimented, spitting out blood before clenching his fist. I grinned, "--?!"

Itadori came from behind me, grabbed the back of his head, and kneed him on the face. "Oi, Chrollo, I thought it was my job to get Todo!" Itadori said clenching both his fists. 

"I had a bad feeling, so I'm gonna help you!" I told him. Todo simply smiled and reeled his fist back. 

"I'm gonna hit back first years. Guard with your lives!" Todo said, dashing forward. He was far faster than I expected. Itadori was in front of me and closer to Todo which meant he was the target. 

I lunged my arm forward, then pulled with all my strength. Bungee Gum stuck to Itadori's back and I pulled him back, "WOAH!" Itadori yelled. I grabbed him with my hand. By pulling him right before Todo struck, Itadori managed to kick him on the chin. "Nice! Is this your innate technique?" Itadori asked. I nodded and jumped to the side, I stuck bungee gum to another tree, then connected both hands in a split second. 

"Contract!" Itadori was sent to the opposite side I was in, barely dodging Todo's foot. He was fast for sure. I had the bungee gum on Itadori disappear. "Itadoir, follow my lead!" I told him, dashing forward. I did make a plan to fight Todo, he was strong and fast, but if we could get him stuck in Bungee Gum we could win.  I stuck Bungee Gum to the trees and made it loose so it could wrap around his body. I slowly created a threat of Bungee Gum.

Todo jumped into the air and tried kicking me. Before he could, Itadori countered with his own kick, spinning Todo in mid-air. I punched forward "I got your back!" Itadori said.