𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Começar do início

"Amber is coming to see us today, do you want to come?" he asked and I was about to say no, but he looked me deep in the eyes and said:

"And if you say no again because you don't want Chris to see you, then fuck you Lori. Not everything is about him, if you want to be friends with me and Nick you have to expect Chris to be closer to you, it's your decision".

He was right, it wasn't fair to Nick and him. I nodded and said,
"You're right, I'll come." ,,I can take you after school just like Amber."
,,Okay thanks, I'll just text my dad."

Dad🩵

Hey dad, I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to come get me
I'm going to the Sturniolos after school✌🏼

Okay, I'm happy for you. ☺️
Have fun and say hi to Mary-lou for me.

I'll🫶🏼

...
When I went to the car with Matt and Amber, Chris and Nick were already there. When Chris saw me he looked surprised. We all got into the minivan, Matt and Chris in the front, me next to Nick and amber sitting in the back. I talked to Nick and Matt and Amber, Chris stayed quiet and didn't say a word the whole way.

When we got there, he was the first to jump up and go into the house. I looked after him and Nick came up to me.
"Don't worry Lori. you have to deal with his presence, he has to deal with yours. We are friends with you."

I sighed. "I know, but all the time I think it's not fair to him."
"Things will be okay between you two."
"No, I don't think so."

When I entered the kitchen, Mary-lou saw me and she started to smile.
"Loureline, I'm so glad you're here, oh god you've gotten even prettier." She hugged me and I greeted her warmly.

"Thank you, I'm glad to see you too, my dad sends you his best regards"

"Oh, say thank you to him, how are he and your mother? Is everything okay?" she asked and I nodded. "Yes, everything is fine." I lied.

"That's nice, I'll let you go, otherwise I'll get in trouble from my boys." She said and gave me a warm smile. I nodded and followed Nick to his room.

"I love your mom." I said and closed the door. "Believe me, she loves you, you're like the daughter she never had." Matt said and I had to laugh.
...
Matt, Nick, Amber and I were watching a movie, talking about our teachers and how we could use another summer break. At some point I went to the bathroom.

When I came out of the bathroom, Chris was waiting before it. My body froze and his blue eyes looked at me. I got shivers. I thought maybe he needed to go to the bathroom, so I started to walk back to Nick's room.

"How long are you going to pretend that I don't exist?" I heard him say and he grabbed my arm.

I turned around, my eyes wandering from his hand holding my under arm to his eyes. His touch softened my legs.

"What?" I asked. Had he really just spoken to me?
"You heard me, Eline." My heart began to beat faster, this fucking nickname, no one had called me that for a long time. I was unable to speak, I couldn't handle the situation. I was not prepared for him to talk to me again.

He looked desperate. "Loureline." He whispered. He had never called me that. "Christopher."

We just stood there, looking at each other, the tension unbearable. No one spoke, but our eyes said enough.

"Are we going to stay silent like this forever?" he asked. I shook my head.

"LORI HOW LONG DO YOU NEED?" Matt yelled and came around the corner. We looked to him and chris let go of me.