Chapter 51 - Goodbye

Author note:
You can listen to some of these songs:
- Somewhere only we know - Keane/Glee Edition
- See you again - Wiz Khalifa
- I'll never love again - Lady Gaga
- Visiting hours - Ed Sheeran

Evan Hamilton

Amanda's family throw a funeral for her and we buried her in a cemetery in town. It took some few days for us to say goodbye until we send her away. It's been weeks to month since it all happened.., and it's still very hard for me to process everything that happened. It all felt like it just happened yesterday.

I got the scholarship that I wanted and everyone is so happy for me, but again it only reminds me of how generous she was for giving away her chance to me. Every little thing reminds me of her, every time I went passed by the ice cream shop, it reminds me of how we used to enjoy it. I remember what flavors she would buy, and those smile that always appeared after the first bite.

"Evan," mom suddenly made me look up to see her who's sitting next to dad.

"The car's ready," mom said before they got up from their seat.

It's graduation day, which makes everything feel a lot harder. Going back to school will only reminds me of her, and I haven't been there since she passed away. The school expects me to give the speech but I don't think that I can do it, I don't think that I can be able speaking in front of anyone, I didn't even prepare a thing for the speech.

We got two cars, the first one is for me, Adriel and Azura while the other is for mom and dad. They know that graduation will take a lot of time, taking pictures and everything, we got two cars so after the ceremony mom and dad can go home right away. I walk out of the house then stop at the lobby while watching mom and dad getting inside their cars. I look around and see an SUV is also parked behind our cars, meaning they're taking couple of bodyguards with us.

Mom and dad has been having their men around since Amanda passed away, because the news of her passing away sometimes went a little too much which made the media showing up everywhere, especially everywhere I go. That's why they're taking them with us right now, just in case they show up.

We got into the car and unlike every other day, Adriel, and Azura they don't really say a thing. Guess Adriel is still having something going on with Becca, he looks like he's not in the mood for today. Today should be the happiest day for us but it seems like none of us really into it today.

After a while we finally arrived at school, they're throwing the ceremony right at the football field. They already have our name tape on our seats we just have to look for it, just like how I expected Adriel and I got seated next to each other. I was about to sit on my seat when I see Gale, he looks at me from quite a far like making sure that I'm alright. The boys has been looking out for me since they received the news, they went to the funeral, they went to the burial, they were always there for me, especially Gale.

Adriel, also.., I know that he has his own problem with Becca but he always makes sure that I'm not alone. It's clear that he doesn't want me to be alone, he always pay a visit to my room every time he's free just to ask me if I want to eat something. I know that is only his way to make sure that I'm on his sight.

I was looking around then I realized that there is one seat that has a graduation gown on it, with flower on it. I look at it and in just a second I know it is supposed to be her chair, and it is supposed to be her graduation gown. I look at it for a while but then I look away, because I cannot cry right now, just not right in the middle of people that I know.

"Hey man you okay?" Adriel asked then I nodded.

"Have you prepared for the speech?" He asked then I shake my head.