Chapter Twenty Four - Falling

Chalter 24

"I can't believe it!" Brianna said mouth opened and totally shocked.

We were at my dorm with Mila so I could explain why Noah and I were together now. Just thinking about that made my heart race. I guess I'm not used with the idea of being with him yet. It all happened so fast and still so slow that my head is still a bit confused.

After we spent the entire day together, we invited my friends to join us at the bar and told them we were together.

I knew that Mila would do the 'I-told-you' dance, which she did. Avery, Brianna and Jake on the other hand looked like they saw an alien dressrd like a drag-queen.

The first one to speak up was Avery. "I thought you said you weren't even friends." That gave me a glare from Noah.

"She said that?" He asked, still looking at me.

"Let's just say we weren't in the best terms?" I tried to get out of the situation. The truth is that I didn't want them to know anything about our past.

"Wait. I'm confused, really." Brianna was the one to talk then.

"She also doesn't know?" Noah asked, now laughing. "This will be fun." He said and looked at me while holding my hand. I haven'trealised how I missed this gesture until then.

"We've met before." I told my friends and for some reason, Mila decide to interrupt.

"They are childhood best friends... Were. But he left to follow his dream and she stayed." Mila explained and I didn't know wheter to like it or not. I was kind of trying to put the past in the past for good. For now I think I'm doing fine.

"And you didn't think it would be a good thing to share with your friends?" Jake asked but not in a mad tone.

"It didn't end up very well." Noah said and realeased my hand so he could place his arm around my waist to pull me closer.

"That explain why you were mad because he was coming here." Brianna reasoned and Avery poked her as if she shouldn't say that. But it didn't matter, actually.

I decided to lighten up the conversation a bit or else it would lead to tell them everything and it wasn't the time or place to it.

"The thing is that everything is fine now and please stop calling him Peter Johnson." I joked and Noah put a hand on his heart faking pain.

"She doesn't even like my name." He said and everyone laughed.

"I think it's sexy." Brianna shrugged and Avery frowned at her. "But Avery is sexier." She added and I chuckled.

The subject changed after that and soon we were talking easily and I felt like nothing could get any better. Noah was close to me again and I could feel that I was falling for him.

Okay, I guess I felt for him way back when I saw him in our ballet class but still, this was an entirely different feeling.

"Let me see if I got this straight." Brianna jumped in my bed after I told her all that happened when Noah left.

"You were friends. He sang. He left. You stayed. Then he cut you off. And he came back. Then apologised. Now you're together. She counted the parts of the story with her finger. "This is basically a love story with 8 acts!"

"He didn't know I was here." I told her. "So actually he didn't 'come back' but he did apologise." I said and waited for more questions. I wasn't that happy to tell her everything but since it's all good now, I didn't see a reason not to.

"How do you know he didn't come here after you? Come on, this is one of the best art school in the country and he should have know there was a big chance that you'd be here." Mila stated and for a moment I realised I didn't actually know why Noah chose to come here.