Chapter Six - Truce

Okay, now the story will move a little.. Hope you'll like it

----------------------------------------

Chapter 6

The rest of the week passed so fast I didn't have time to prepare emotionally for the rehearsal.

When I wasn't in classes I was practicing on my own. I had to do my best this year. I was already well seen by the company but if I really wanted to be called to join them I had to be better.

And for that, all my free time was going to be spent in more practice.

Avery, who became closer to me after the party, was going to practice with me some routines that needed a couple and Mila and Brianna were also glad to practice with me. I guess a group was being formed between us four.

They were really good and Brianna was so excited to be chosen for the 'Peter Johnson's tour' that she jumped in the opportunity of practicing with me.

Not that she knew I had connections with him, no one knows, but she thought Noah liked me.

I wouldn't say the word 'like' for what is going on with us. Yes, sometimes during classes this week he payed me some attention, but from a far distance and probably because he felt guilty about everything. Still, Brianna had this huge imagination in her head.

Today, Friday, was the day of the rehersal. I didn't know very well what I should be doing there other than watch them dance but I was more than excited to discover.

Lorena, the teacher who invited me said I should go the teacher's room at 6pm sharp, so I didn't have much time to practice on my own this afternoon. Instead I took a shower, put a black sports short and a sports bra with a see through t-shirt.

"Hi, darling." Lorena greeted me. She was a middle-aged woman but had the body of any 20 years old dancer. Her dark brown hair was tied up in a bun and she was wearing a ballerina black dress.

"Hi Ms. Campbell." I answered and we shook hands. I was early for 5 minutes and she was already there.

"The dancers must be waiting upstairs in room 91." She told me and we headed to the stairs. Room number 91 was the biggest one. We only went there to present projects or rehearse for the Annual Musical, so I only went there a couple of times and was surprised to see the entire group of 47 dancers standing there talking to each other.

'How I wish I was one of them' a part of me said. 'You will, soon!' the other part answered. I could only dream.

Once the time came and everyone sitted on the floor, the director of the company got up and went to the front of the room.

"Goodnight everyone. Today we will start grouping some of you for the big new year's show. This year we are having some alterations and the music is going to be played alive. As you know Peter Johnson is going to be around and the main reason is that he is the one playing in the show." Gerald Holmes said. Everyone was listenning carefully. The girls weren't screaming or anything with the news, thank God. I guess they were more professional than the others I knew.

I wondered if there was a special reason to Noah being here this semester. Probably this show was the reason otherwise he wouldn't waste his semester being stucked in an art school, not when he had a carreer to take care.

After Mr. Holmes finished explainning how the show would be set up the dancers got up and after a few minutes, some groups of 4 to 5 people were formed.

The choreographers and teachers were all standing in the front with Gerald, and Lorena asked me to join them. Now they would perform some routines so the choreographers could see who should be leading the show.