Chapter Thirteen - Friends

Chapter 13

I would have to practice by myself for the entire week. It was bad because I couldn't rehearse well without a partner but in some positive way, it was good because I would get to finish the choreography. It was almost done by now but I could still add some moves and change others.

Dance Class with Lorena was helping me a lot since Noah decided to mix some hip hop in his songs. Lorena also helped to get some moves cleaned. Street dancing could be very difficult, for sure.

"How're you doing with your project?" Noah asked me while I recovered from a long sequence of floor movements.

"Pretty well, I believe. It's not done, though." I answered him taking a deep breath.

"I could teach you some moves if you want." He told me with a grin.

"I'm sure you could." I answered sarcastically. Noah dancing, right.

"Well, thank you for believing in me." He said with a hand on his eart pretending to feel hurt.

I laughed at the scene and then Lorena called me to talk to me.

"Sweettie, how's the choreography?" She asked me.

"Almost done." I assured her.

"Good, good. If you need something, just let me know, okay?" Lorena told me and I nodded.

"Thanks, I will if I need." I said. "I guess I'm done resting." She laughed and I went on stage again and joined the group of seven other students who were doing routine number 5.

I have tried to forget the whole situation with Gabriel cause I was still felling a bit guilty and I was doing fine till I went to the canteen to have lunch and Brianna was all 'Gabriel-looked-so-bad-when-I-saw-him'.

"We decided to give it a time and let it go... Then we'll go back to be dance partners once again." I explained and saw Avery raise an eyebrow.

"Sure he's not gay?" He asked and I almost laughed at him. Brianna punched him in the shoulder. "What?" He asked as if he hadn't said anything.

"Just shut up." Brianna warned him.

"Why don't you make me?" He asked her teasingly and I looked to Mila to check if she was also seeing that the two of them were pretty close ans she nodded whispering a 'yes'. The subject of Gabriel was finally ended.

Mila and I just sat there quiet watching our friends talking with each other. I have no idea how they haven't realized that they like each other yet.

After lunch Avery and I had class together, so did Brianna and Mila so we went our separate ways.

"How are the girls?" I asked Avery as we walked to the class. We used to name the 3 girls he calls 'girlfriends' as just 'girls'.

"No girls." He answered blankly and I raised an eyebrow.

"What? They found out about each other, right? I knew it." I allways tell him that but he just says 'they're blond' and laughs.

"No, I ended." He told me and I couldn't hold my surprise. Then something hit me and I thought I knew why he did it.

"It's her, isn't it?" I asked now more serious.

"Her who?" He asked knowing what I meant.

"Brianna..." I said it anyways.

He sighed and after a moment opened his mouth to speak. "She's making me crazy." He said as if he was taking a rock from his shoulders.

"You should tell her." I advised. I'm not the best one to give advice but I felt the need to. They were my friends after all.

"Are you crazy? She would laught at me. And then she wouldn't believe it." He told me with a smile but I knew it was a sad one. I knew too well sad smiles.

"I don't think so. From what I saw she's having the same issues." I told him.

"Did she say anything?" Now he was curious.

"Just that you hooked up." I answered.

He nodded expecting me to say something more.

"But she doesn't have to say anything. Neither of you. It's pretty obvious for whoever that sees you." I said as we reached our class. The other students were already there and so was the teacher so we ended our conversation and went to our seats.

The rehearsal after classes wasn't very good. I was really tired of practicing that much every day and doing the choreography alone was harder than I thought so I decided to just play around and relax dancing some contemporany routines.

"That was nice." Mr. Nigel was at the door looking at me with an adorable smile.

"Oh, thanks. I was just relaxing a bit." I told him a little ashamed of being caught off guard.

"I heard about Gabriel. He told me he was having some problems but he that would be back next week..." He said looking worried.

"Yeah. I'll use the time to finish the choreography." I said to try to comfort him. I guess it should be the other way round, him comforting me...

"If you need another partner... I can get one. Actually, a pretty one." Nigel said teasingly and I was curious but I couldn't betray Gabriel like that. Not again.

"Gabriel will do great, I'm sure. But thanks." I said firmly and he got the message.

"Then I'm relieved! You two will sure do great." He said and left without saying goodbye.

I just got my stuff and decided to take a shower and grab something to eat in the coffe shop.

I was waiting for my change in the cashier when I felt someone behind me.

"Rehearse ended earlier today..." Noah said kind of surprised. So was I. How did he know I usually rehearse more than that? "Sometimes I pass through the room you use while going to the exit." He explained realising I was confused.

"I got tired and didn't have much to do." I told him. It wasn't a lie, even if it wasn't the main reason.

"You tired? That's new..." Noah said and I giggled.

"I guess it's true. I'm not nade of steel, after all I said honestly. I really wished I was Iron Lady or something so I could be strong and invencible.

"Your change." Maria, the cashier came back with pennys.

"Thanks." I told her and looked to Noah. I wish I could just stay here talking to him about nothing.

"Wanna go for an ice cream?" He asked out of nowhere as if reading my mind. "It could help you relax." He explained.

'Why not?' I thought to myself. 'Because he hurt you badly!' My mind reasoned.

"Sure!" My heart answered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, here in Brazil, school year starts in Fenruary and my senior year started this Monday so, it'll be hard to update everyday like I was planning to but I'll try to update at least once pr twice a week..

Hope you like the story :)