Chapter Eight - A pleasant night

• First I would like to thank you for reading my story. It means a lot to me. So thank you.

And I also want to apologize for my English. I'm trying my best not to make a lot of mistakes but I don't know if it's working.. If it's not, please comment and tell me haha

For Gabriel, I imagine him like Robbie Amell but with blond hair.

Last thing, how do you like the characters so far?

----------------------------------------

Chapter 8

It was 18:30 and I was almost ready to the date with Gabriel. Mila helped me pick a blue sleeveless dress that stood above my knees and black high heels.

"He won't be able to take his eyes away from you." My friend said satisfied with her choice of my clothes. I didn't care a lot about my appearance, actually, jeans and t-shirts would be just fine for me, but Mila was the kind of girl who never left the room without her make-up on so, being the best friend I am, I let her dress me up sometimes.

"I don't like people who stare." I said just to tease her.

"He's Gabriel Finn, he must be able to stare." She said in defense and I just laughed.

"What about Jake? Did he call you today?" I asked taking the attention off of me.

"Yeah, actually. He is at his parent's house today, so I guess I'll see him on Monday." Mila said and I had to tease her once more.

"Huh, already expecting to see him on Monday. How serious!" I said with a grin.

"Shut up and go get your purse." She slapped me on the shoulder and I laughed.

We stood in the room talking and laughing until Gabriel knocked on the door.

"Good luck not drowning in his drool." Mila told me faking seriousness and I had to laugh at her.

I opened the door to see a very good looking Gabriel. I knew he was handsome but I've never seen him without his dance clothes so it was a surprise when he appeared wearing a dark blue v-neck T-shirt and dark jeans. It was breath taking and I could see his muscles well defined.

"Wow." He said cheking me out. I could feel my blushing appearing and smiled. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you. You are very nice-looking too." I said in return and came out of my room closing the door before my crazy best friend caused a scene.

"Shall we?" He said taking my arm with his

I'm not the usual dater who likes fancy dinners and all the formality so I was a little nervous about this. He was perfect in all the ways, so I really hoped he would choose a nice place to go.

We got into his car and he looked at me with a very charming smile. Okay, I really don't care where we're going anymore. This smile is totally worth some fancy restaurant.

"Have you ever been to the Grayson Park?" He asked me and I tried to remember if I've ever been to this place but I didn't.

"I don't think so.. I've moved here last year to study so I don't know the city very well." I told him and he started to drive.

"Then I guess it's my duty as a native to show you around." He said. "But today let's just go to the park. We can visit other places later." Oh, assuming he would get other dates? Cocky, maybe, but very charming.

"Does it mean you're expecting another date already?" I had to ask.

"A guy can only dream." He answered with that breath-taking smile and I melted.

The drive to the park took only about 10 minutes and we talked about ourselves all the way. It was pretty nice till now.

He parked the car on the street and we got out. Of course, he opened the door for me as the perfect gentleman.

We arrived at this place with a lot of trees. And we walked into them. I didn't expect much but when we got inside the park, I left a "wow" escape from my mouth.

There were benches and a few picnic tables but what was most amazing was the fountain in the centre. Water was flying everywhere and if we got closer we would get wet for sure.

"Like what you see?" Gabriel asked and I nodded.

"It's amazing." I said still awed. The sun was going down and it was getting dark but there were lampposts clearing the place.

"We have reservations righ there." He told me after a few moments of admiration. He showed me a small cantina in the corner with tables outside. I really liked how it looked. "Want to go now?" I just nodded and we headed to the cantina.

The waitress walked us to a table in the outside of the place. It was a small table for two and had plaid table clothes.

"I guess I will come back here other times. I really liked it here." I said honestly. It was a good place to hang out with all the nature and kids around.

"Glad you liked." Gabriel said and the waitress appeared to order our drinks.

It was an amazing date. I didn't expect Gabriel to be funny with all the serious look and all but at the end I couldn't stop myself from laughing at his jokes. It was not the kind of jokes made up to make you laugh, it was natural and original. He was also very kind and made sure to listen carefully to everything I said, asking questios and sharing his oppinins too. I didn't even realize it was that late until he said the restaurant was going to be closed and we should be going.

"I really enjoyed tonight." I said as we got back to the dorm.

"Me too." He said and we stood looking at each other's eyes.

"So, this means I get another date?" He broke the silence and somehow I was a little disappointed he didn't kiss me. But being the first date and all, I got it he was just being nice.

"Let me think..." I pretended I was thinking. "I guess so." We both smiled and he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"See you soon , then." He said before disappearing in the hallway.

I opened the door still amazed by the night and took my shoes off, also throwing my purse on the couch.

"Start talking!" Mila appeared out of nowhere scaring me.

"Calm down." I told her and she groaned. "Now let's sit." She nodded and we sat on the couch so I could tell her about the date.

I really could see something happenning.

----------------------------------------

I know this was a short chapter and didn't happen very much but I didn't wan to mix the date with anything else and I thought to leave the dinnrr to the imagination.