🌹 | The dive. (4)

Start from the beginning

"I know you've been friends with him long enough, to care about him. You wouldn't wanna lose him. would you?"

I lick my teeth with my tongue. "No,"

"So you better start thinking, are you making the right decisions keeping secrets?" She sighs.

"I'll leave you to your stuff though, have a nice day Darla."

She walks off the dock and over to her cop SUV.

John B walks out.

I sit up straighter as he waves her off.

"What the fuck is going on." I say, my breath shakes.

______________________________

John b and I walk out to the rest, who are socialising in the work shed.

"I'm calling it off." John b states.

Everyone stops. "Peterkin said if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS." he sighed.

I cross my arms. "She's on to us."

"And you believed her?" jj says, disappointed.

"Yes, I believe her, jj." John b immediately answers.

"An actual cop, you believed a cop?" j laughs
in awe.

"All we gotta do is stay out of the marsh a couple days, and she'll help me out." John b argues. "And it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun."

"You know what? I should've just let Topper drown your ass." jj says, hopping off the table.

"Because Topper was gonna drown me?"

"He had you man." jj laughed. "He did, did he not?" he looks at me for support.

"I'm not getting involved in this." I say, walking over and sitting beside Kie.

"Course you're not." jj scoffs. "They always win, don't they man? Kooks versus pogues, they always, ALWAYS win."

"Look- it's okay!" Kie shouts.

"No, it's not okay!" jj yells. "It is not, they don't want us in the marsh, that means there's some value there. You fucking know it."

He looks at Pope. "And I understand why you don't wanna go, you're the supposed golden boy with a scholarship to risk. and you—"

he looks at Kie. "I mean you're already rich as fuck anyway." he says, which makes her roll her eyes.

"You me and Darl, man.. we got nothin' to lose!" He says to John b.

"We really don't." He continues.

"jj." I say.

"And I know it used to not be that way for you," He talks to John b.

"I'm not having this conversation, dude." John B pushes past jj. "So that's it? John b- listen to me. I've got a plan."

"You have the key to Cameron's huge boat, just- just borrow that scuba shit and we go down there tomorrow and get what we found. Finders fucking keepers."

"No.. No, jj." John B shakes his head and jj puts his arm around him.

"You don't see rich kids going to foster care, do you?" he tilts his head.

I sigh. Leaning back on the couch.

______________________________

I sit on the HMS pogue since John B pleaded with me to come. He doesn't want to "Steal it on his own" as said.