🌹 | The Motel. (2)

Start from the beginning

"People ditch 'em after a hurricane cause they're moldy." jj answers.

jj leans in closer to John B, gently caressing his neck. "Just be so careful, John." He moans.

I play along with the joke. "I mean it." I say, running my finger up John b's arm because there ain't no way in hell I'm reaching his neck.

"God you guys are so weird." John B gags, pushing us off.

"What was that about, dude?" I cross my arms.

"I don't know, Darl. Maybe she wants us to be careful." We walk past lots of motel rooms.

"Since she heard you've been threatened with exile, she's just been like- 'Oh, be so careful John'." jj says, rubbing up on John b again.

"Get off."

"Oh John B, just give me that John D already." he says.

I burst into outrageous laughter.

"When are you gonna swoop on that, dude?" jj asks, smiling because I'm laughing.

"You know the rules, no pogue on pogue macking. You're the one always hitting on pencil over here." John B says to jj.

My smile drops and I blankly stare at him when he calls me a pencil. What is that even meant to mean bro-

"Yeah of course I'm hitting on her." I over hear jj mutter as I walk ahead of them, pretending to stop listening.

"She's a super hot, red head chick slumming with us since day one. Why? I haven't figured that out yet, but I know that doors locked because I've tried it." I hear jj mumble. He's tried it? What does that mean? Literally never has he ever confessed his feelings to me once, unless confessing his feelings means cat calling me every single day.

"How do you know its the same with Kie, just shoot your shot.. dude." jj tells him.

"You need help, not a little help- like professional help." John B tells him as I approach the door we need to get into.

"Every girl you know who has a heart beat you're just like 'uhh!'." John B complains. I roll my eyes.

"What it's not a big deal?" jj says with full seriousness. They think they're being discreet but they're actually so loud.

"twenty - nine, this is us." I interrupt, taking out the key.

Jj begins to knock on the door, "House-keeping!" He says in a high pitched lady-attempted voice. Which makes me giggle a bit.

"Should we try it?" John B offers.

"Yeah."

I put the key in the hold and unlock it slowly, we open up.

"No power. No security cameras, no bodies gonna know." jj affirms us..

"Huh."

I see a dufflebag on the bed.

"Check the bag, see if there's a name on it or something." I say to jj and john b as I walk over to the desk.

"A jacket." jj lists.
"Denim slides.." John b adds.
"He's got new balances.."

I see a safe beside the desk, I dial in random codes as the boys bicker behind me.

"One, one, one." it beeps and flickers red lights.

jj notices.
"Oh yeah, punching in random numbers will do the trick." He says, sarcastically.

"Well it's worth a shot," I say as he walks over to the dresser.