Chapter 3

Tzuyu remained perched on the rock as the night settled over the campsite, lost in the labyrinth of her thoughts. Chaeyoung came towards with genuine concern on her face and a soothing tone in her voice. "Hey, why are you still sitting alone in this chilly night?" she inquired, her compassion palpable.

Tzuyu smiled weakly, attempting to hide her inner turmoil. "Oh, just taking in the calm and quiet," she explained, hoping to keep her inner turmoil hidden.

Chaeyoung's eyes softened, and she placed a gentle hand on Tzuyu's shoulder. "It's okay, you know," she comforted her, her voice barely above a whisper. "Remember that whatever you're going through, will eventually fall back into place. Friendships endure while hearts mend."

Tzuyu let out a tired sigh, thankful for Chaeyoung's understanding intervention. Her curious nature got the best of her, and she couldn't stop herself from expressing her curiosity. "Chaeyoung-ah, how do you and Mina unnie keep your relationship running so smoothly? Your two-way understanding is extraordinary."

Chaeyoung's lips arched into a nostalgic smile as she reflected on her journey with Mina. "Is it smooth sailing?" "Well, it hasn't always been that way," she admitted, her eyes twinkling. "We've had our fair share of difficulties, doubts, and confusion. But, above all, we learned the value of open communication and empathy. We make a point of listening to one another's needs, respecting one another's boundaries, and never taking our love for granted."

Tzuyu nodded, absorbing Chaeyoung's words as if they were a much-needed salve for her own woes. The knowledge that even the most seemingly perfect relationships had their own setbacks provided comfort, reminding Tzuyu that their journey was unique and that love demanded effort and understanding.

Mina joined the duo as their conversation progressed, her curiosity piqued by the intimate exchange. "What exactly are you two up to?" Mina asked, a playful glint in their eyes.

Chaeyoung chuckled, shifting her gaze between Tzuyu and Mina. "Oh, just some bro-to-bro advice," she replied, her tone lighthearted.

Mina arched a brow, a playful smile on their lips. "Wait, meaningful advice? I'm hoping you won't leave me out of this wisdom-sharing session."

The three of them burst out laughing, their sound blending in with the night's symphony. The weight of unrequited love seemed to lift for a moment, substituted by the warmth of friendship and shared laughter.

Mina interjected as the night progressed, her voice brimming with gentle reminders. "It's starting to get late. Let us go back to our tents and rest."

The collective agreement echoed throughout the group, recognizing the value of self-care and rejuvenation. Chaeyoung rose from the rock, her eyes lingering on Tzuyu with a loving glint. She nodded subtly, her silent support serving as a reminder of their unbreakable bond.

Tzuyu's gaze met Chaeyoung's, both of their eyes twinkling with gratitude. There were no words to express how grateful she was for Chaeyoung's understanding and guidance at that moment. She acknowledged silently the strength she drew from their friend's words.

Tzuyu had noticed Mina saying something to Chaeyoung before leaving...

"Why? What happened?" Tzuyu's voice was tinged with concern and curiosity.

Mina breathed a tinge of sadness in their voice. "Sana just wanted a little solitude tonight," she explained. "When we offered her food, she pushed everybody away. "I believe she simply wanted some space to gather her thoughts and emotions."

Tzuyu's heart sank with a pang of guilt. She realized that her own turmoil had blinded them to Sana's problems, leaving her alone in her pain. Tzuyu's eyes shone with determination as she resolved to provide comfort and support to her Sana.