𝟐𝟎| 𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐬𝐚: 𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

"𝐈-𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫?" 𝐘/𝐧 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝, "𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝?"

   "She will be momentarily. Kibutsuji's curse, the cells he left in her body will destroy her from the inside out. Generally speaking, battles between demons are futile. It's pointless. The wounds they inflict on the other won't be fatal. Only sunlight or the sword of a Demon Slayer can kill them. Except Kibutsuji, he's the only one who's able to destroy a demon's cells." Tamayo replied.

   They stared at the body as she talked. Footsteps approached them and they only looked up to see Yushiro place rags over their mouths, "you can't inhale Lady Tamayo's spell! The human body can't take it. You got that?" They both nodded as they held the rag up to their noses themselves.

   "Tanjiro, Y/n," Tamayo called again, "the demon we fought, she's not one of the Twelve Kizuki. The Twelve Kizuki all have numbers engraved on their eyeballs, but she doesn't have one. Which means that the other demon, most likely, doesn't have one either. They were too weak."

   "Huh?! Too weak?" Tanjiro questioned, "really?"

   Yushiro rolled his eyes, "don't question her. Lady Tamayo's never wrong. Pathetic. That demon was incredibly stupid. She thought she could get away with hurting Lady Tamayo. She deserved what happened to her."

   Tamayo pulled out a syringe and stuck it into the demons remaining arm, "with any luck, this blood will still be instrumental for us in developing a cure. Now, I need to take care of Nezuko. She was already medicated and she inhaled my spell. For which I'm deeply sorry."

   "Don't move a muscle!" Yushiro instructed, "you're on your own now. I won't leave Lady Tamayo's side! Not for a second!" He ran off to follow Tamayo back into the house.

   Tanjiro and Y/n looked at each other and knew not to take personal. Beside them, the demon's remaining body cried, "ma... ri... mari... mari..." Y/n spotted the temari ball and stumbled upward, a pain shooting down her broken arm as she accidentally used it to help her up. Tanjiro followed her moved and softly soothed her as he helped her the rest of the way up. They helped each other walk towards the temari ball.

   Tanjiro grabbed it and placed it next to the dying demon as they both kneeled next to the body, "here's your temari."

   "Play with me. Play with me..." the demon cried. Y/n looked at the demon sadly, you've probably killed dozens.. but inside you're only a child. Y/n took the ball and rolled it between her arms, letting the demon listen to the soft jingles as the morning sun rose. You were only a little girl... convinced you were one of the Kizuki. Used as a pawn.. then thrown out by your own leader. I'm sorry. They prayed quietly before getting up again to find Nezuko.

   "Lady Tamayo!" Y/n called, "Nezuko?" They both limped into the broken house.

   "We're over here," Yushiro responded, "you really don't need to come down. But if you want to, hurry it up."

   "Yushiro!" Tamayo scolded.

   "Just kidding!"

   "It's alright, you to come down!"

   "Oh, okay," Tanjiro said. He helped Y/n down the stairs and let her lean on him as they reached the basement. Their eyes met with the black hair girl, "Nezuko!"

   The girl ran up to them and hugged them tightly. Tamayo smiled, "I thought it best to bring her to the basement before daybreak. The sunlight won't reach us here."

   The girl suddenly let go of the Demon Slayers and ran back, "Nezuko?" She wrapped Lady Tamayo into a hug. Y/n held in a laugh as she saw Yushiro tense up.