𝟎𝟒| 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫.

𝐘/𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐣𝐢𝐫𝐨'𝐬 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞, "you can't finish him off with that."

   Tanjiro put Y/n and Nezuko behind him slightly, "o-okay.. so.. how do I finish him off?"

   "Think for yourself. Can't you use your own head to figure that out?"

   Tanjiro looked deep in thought before Y/n spoke up, "Tanjiro... I think we have to crush it..." Y/n walked over to another tree and retrieved a heavy rock. I probably have to crush his skull completely... which means hitting him with this rock over and over. I bet he'll suffer. Isn't there any way for me to finish him off with one blow..?

   The man watched them, disappointed. They won't cut it. They are far too kind and far too indecisive. They're facing a demon yet the scent of kindness remains. Both have empathy for even a demon. Giyuu... these kids will never make it.

   As the girl hesitated to hit the demon, it woke up, "you bastard! I'll kill you! Get over here, I'll devour you, damnit! Get over here where I can reach you, you little brat!" Y/n gasped as little then looked to her left, noticing the sun start to rise over the mountainside, "are you listening, you brat! Agh!" It screamed and growled as its skin started to burn, turning red, then into dust. Y/n and Tanjiro watched in horror, Nezuko in the back of their minds. It didn't take much sunlight to kill this demon, so it wouldn't take much for it to kill Nezuko either.

   "Nezuko!" Y/n called, looking around for the girl, "Nezuko!"

   Tanjiro looked around as well, "the temple!" The two ran in and let out a sigh of relief when they saw Nezuko in her basket, covered in her fabric, "there you are..."

   "...hang on... where's that old guy?" They were going to search for him but it didn't take long due to him being just around the corner. He was on his knees and praying, holding a burial for the lives lost in that temple.

   "Excuse me.." Tanjiro said quietly.

   The mad got up, "my name is Sakonji Urokodaki. You're the ones Giyuu Tomioka sent my way, correct?"

   "We are! I'm Tanjiro Kamado and this is Y/n L/n. My sister's name is Nezuko."

   "What do you intend to do when your sister devours a human?" The boy's eyes widened but couldn't come up with an answer, which led to a harsh slap on his cheek. Y/n looked at him with worry as he held his cheek, "you're too indecisive! You must learn to make decisions quickly! The both of you! That's why you failed to kill that demon before daybreak. Do you know why it took you so long to answer my simple question? Because your resolve is too weak! There are two things you must do if that girl eats a demon. First, you kill her, then slit your own bellies and die. That's what traveling alongside a demon, like your sister, means. But you must never allow this to happen. No matter the cost! Your sister, taking the life of an innocent person... it's the one thing that can't happen. Ever! Have I made myself perfectly clear?"

   "Yes!" The two nodded.

   "Very well. I'm going to test you to see if you're fit to become a member of the Demon Slayer Corps. Carry your sister and follow me!"

   They nodded again before going into the temple to retrieve Nezuko. Y/n smiled as she petted the girl's head, "we have to get going now, Nezuko."

   Tanjiro tied the fabric down and stood up, "can you get her on my back again?"

   "Of course," Y/n said, picking up the basket and letting him snake his arms through the straps, "all good?"

   "Perfect, now let's get going," Tanjiro smiled, taking Y/n's hand and leading her out.

𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 | 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐣𝐢𝐫𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐲On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara