𝟎𝟏| 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥. 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?

𝐀𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐚 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧, two children were preparing to sell coal to the village down the mountain side. Tanjiro and Y/n packed baskets full of coal and helped each other mount them on their backs. "That should do it," Tanjiro smiled and dusted his hands off.

   Y/n sighed, "I really hope we can sell all of this."

   "I'm sure we can!"

   "Tanjiro, Y/n," Tanjiro's mother called, "your faces are all covered in soot. Let me clean you up." The two of them headed over to her as she knelt down to have a good angle. "You know, you don't really have to go. All this snow could be dangerous."

   "I want us to have a good New Years celebration where everyone can eat as much as they want. So we'll sell all the charcoal we can," Tanjiro said while Y/n nodded in agreement.

   "How thoughtful."

   "Hey bro! Are you going to town again today?" Shigeru asked, Hanako following.

   "I'm coming with you!" She shouted.

   Tanjiro's mom got up, "no you're not. You know you can't walk as fast as Y/n and Tanjiro can, sweetie."

   "Awe, come on Mom!"

   "No way, they're not able to use the cart today so they can't give you a ride when you're tired."

   Shigeru leapt into Tanjiro's arms while groaning his name. "I wanna come with you," Hanako cried, "I promise I'll help out."

   Y/n patted her head, "that's very sweet of you, Hanako, but no. You're staying home today."

   Tanjiro knelt down to Shigeru's level, "you too, but I'll bring back goodies, okay?"

   "Promise?"

   "Yeah! And Hanako, I'll read for you when I get home later."

   "'Kay!"

   "Thank you for doing this you guys," Kie smiled.

   "Of course, time for us to head out," Y/n said, hugging the Kamado siblings.

   "Hey, Takeo," Tanjiro called, "do me a favor while I'm gone, okay? Chop as much wood as you can."

   "Yeah I was already gonna do that anyway. But I was kinda hoping we'd do that together this time."

   "There, there," Tanjiro patted the young boy's head.

   "Knock it off, would you?"

   Shigeru laughed, "you're blushing, Take!"

   "Shut up you brat!"

   "There, there now," Y/n joined in on teasing the boy.

   "I told you to cut it out!"

   The family and Y/n laughed together, giving final hugs and farewells.

   "Come back as soon as you can!" Shigeru shouted.

   "Be safe and see you when you get back!"

   Y/n and Tanjiro waved as they started making their way down the path, but before they could leave, Nezuko walked up to them. "Hey Tanjiro, hi Y/n!"

   "Hi Nezuko," Y/n smiled.

   "I had to put Rokuta down for a nap now, otherwise he would throw a fit. Ever since our dad passed, he's been glued to you guys' sides. In fact, everyone seems to follow you wherever you go. I'll see you when you get back!"