𝟎𝟑| 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫.

𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐣𝐢𝐫𝐨, 𝐘/𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐍𝐞𝐳𝐮𝐤𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 and into the countryside. They arrived at a farm and were met with two farmers. "Excuse me sir," Tanjiro said politely, "do you mind if we take that basket, and some straw and bamboo?"

   The old man turned around, "you're more than welcome for all the good it'll do ya. That basket's full of holes."

   "Thank you, I'll gladly pay you for it."

   "No, you don't have to do that. I don't need it anyway."

   "Please, I insist."

   "No, it's fine. Same goes for the straw and bamboo."

   "Let me pay you!" Tanjiro argued, pulling out a handful of coins.

   "I said it's fine! So you just take it, you stubborn kid!"

   He pressed the coins into the man's hand harshly, "please accept this small offering for your troubles, please!"

   Y/n had collected the basket, bamboo and straw while Tanjiro argued over the money, "thanks a lot for your help, sir!" She called as they ran off before he could return the coins. They made it to where they left Nezuko, in a small opening in the cave where there was no sunlight.

   "Nezuko?" Tanjiro called, "hey, Nezuko? She's gone!" He panicked before seeing the little girl pop her head out from a hole she made, "ah.. Hey.. Nezuko..? Hang on just for a second." Tanjrio got up and brushed his hands together, "Y/n could you weave this bamboo around that basked while I cut it?"

   "Yeah, of course," she replied, waiting as Tanjiro cut the first strands. She weaved it around the basket that sat in her lap, careful to cover up all the holes. Then she used the straw and braided them into strong ropes, tying it to the basket to create straps, "here."

   "Thank you, Y/n," he smiled as he took the basket in his hands and ducked into the cave with it, "Nezuko. Nezuko! You think you can fit in this? I want to try to keep moving during the day, too. But I can carry you, okay?" He only got a grumble in response, "can you fit in here? Basket." She crawled out of the whole and put the first third of her body into it, "ah... guess not. Oh, Nezuko! Remember how you got really big the other day? I've got an idea, do you think you can get smaller? Come on, Nezuko, get smaller for me."

   Y/n joined them in the cave and smiled, "that's a good idea! Do you think you can do that, Nezuko?" Without a word, Nezuko jumped into the basket face first. With the weight of her, it turned right side up, "woah!" Y/n and Tanjiro caught the basket, making sure it didn't flip towards the sun. They watched as Nezuko readjusted herself and she looked much younger, "good girl, Nezuko!"

   Tanjiro petted her haid, "whos a good girl, you are, Nezuko! I'm impressed!" He then wrapped a large piece of fabric around the basket, making sure Nezuko was protected by the sun, "alright, Y/n can you help me put her on my back?"

   "Mhm!" Y/n smiled, picking up the basket and helping Tanjiro put his arms through the straps, "like that? DOes it feel okay?"

   "Yeah! Thanks for your help, Y/n, "he extended his hand out for her, "let's get going."

   The sun had begun to set when they ran into a mother and her child playing on the dirt roads. "Ma'am, excuse me," Y/n started, "we're trying to get to Mount Sagiri, could you point us to the right path?"

   "Mount Sagiri? If you really want to go to Mount Sagiri, you'll have to cross over that mountain, but... the sun's about to set. Are you really heading there with all that luggage? It's dangerous."