Bargain

TW: Same as Chapter 18: Bait.
(o゜▽゜)o☆

.

.

Chapter 30

What had he done?

"I've got a plan." Adudu said with a smirk while Baze glared at the alien after switching his power watch on.

"It better be a good one."

He couldn't believe how foolish he had been!

"Behold! The 'Power sphere Containment Wrangler'!" Adudu pulled off the cloth of the weird machinery that Probe had placed on the muddy ground.

Blaze stared at it, unimpressed.

"That looks like a strainer placed on top of an engine."

"Shut up! Do you have any idea how much it costed me?!" Adudu exclaimed, affronted and Blaze whipped his head at him in horror.

"Wait- don't tell me this is one of Bago Go's stuff?!"

"That's right, Mister Blaze! And Mister Boss even got a 30% discount! It only cost  him-"

"Shut up, you idiot!" 

Blaze could feel himself grow numb as he realized...

"I can't believe it... my entire future depends on a scammer's overpriced weapons?!"

He should've known it was going to go downhill as soon as he figured out Adudu had no real plan.

"Adudu, you idiot! Do you have any idea how dangerous this power sphere is!?" Blaze clenched his fists, wanting nothing more but to beat up the one who was supposed to be helping him contain RevBot, "You saw what he was capable of!"

"Please, that thing only shoots laser beams." The alien huffed as he started the weird machinery with his tablet, "Trust me on this, all we have to do is lure it to the containment holder and trap it! His powers will be neutralized and breaking out using force will be impossible for him."

They shouldn't have underestimated RevBot.

"And what do you plan to lure him with?!" Blaze hissed, his own temper rising, "No one would walk into this obvious death trap!"

"Probably, but if you have a desperate power sphere running low on reserves, then I'm pretty sure this will work!" Adudu gestured at Probe who revealed a familiar charging station similar to Ochobot's.

"You plan to give him more power!?"

He was so stupid. Stupid! STUPID! 

Before Adudu could say anything, a sound of a twig snapping caught their attention. Probe quickly placed the charging station over the open 'strainer' of the machinery and quickly pulled them both high up on one of the trees near them.

"It's risky, I know." Adudu whispered as they carefully kept their balance on the thick branch, "But this is the safest way to capture RevBot without risking ourselves!"

"Couldn't you have at least placed a defective charging station?!" Blaze whispered back.

"Power spheres have scanners for a reason! He'll figure out something's up!"

"Yeah, and that weird spaghetti strainer machine won't give that away." He couldn't help but sarcastically retort.

"The electrical signals of the Power sphere Containment Wrangler would disrupt anything that will give it away as a trap. That's what it's made for." Adudu scowled at him, "You wanted our help. And this is the help you're getting! Now keep quiet!"