Believe

Chapter 3

It had been a few days since Blaze's embarrassing break down and he was now itching to get out of the room and cause some havoc.

However, unfortunately, Gempa had strictly told him to stay in bed for the whole week!

Blaze wanted to pull his hair out because he couldn't just lay down and do nothing for seven days! He'd go crazy!

It was bad enough that they had disabled his power watch to prevent him from using his powers.

Surprisingly though, it wasn't to keep him from causing trouble... but rather because...

.

.

"He- WHAT!?" Gempa exchanged disbelief looks with Halilintar then turned to Blaze's unconscious form before turning back at Ochobot stunned, "But he couldn't—that's not possible!"

"It's what my scanner says." The yellow robot stated as he hovered above the bed of the sleeping teen, and a beam scanned Api from head to toe. A couple of holographic screens suddenly appeared in front of Ochobot's face.

Hali and Gempa approached the small bot to look at one of the screens that showed Api's form filled with green before slowly depleting to red. The two brothers exchanged alarmed looks.

"But he was fine yesterday. He did some training and used his powers a lot- as he usually does, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't to this point." Hali frowned, "We're talking about Api here. The guy who uses 'Maximum Fireball' over small bad guys like Adudu and Probe."

"There has to be a mistake." Gempa insisted, staring at the critically low numbers of his brother's form.

"It's not. I'm sorry, guys. But the high fever, the throwing up of blood after summoning his flames—" The two flinched at this, "It's his body reacting from the strain of using too much of his powers. His energy had been depleted to the point that it's almost gone. That's the only reason—it doesn't matter what caused it."

There was a moment of tense silence before Halilintar shook his head and looked at his brother, "So what now? Do we confiscate the idiot's watch or something? You know he won't like that."

"We can't. It's also our source of communication. We can't risk taking that away from him especially since he'll be too vulnerable without his powers now. We have to be in contact at all times in case of emergencies." Gempa sighed as he pressed the bridge of his nose, "But knowing Api, he'd still try to use his powers out of spite or something."

Ochobot placed a hand on Gempa, "Don't worry. I can help with that! Api can still have his watch and keep contact with you guys." The powersphere floated towards the unconscious Blaze and undid his watch, "All we have to do is disable the program where the activation of his powers is stored."

"You can do that?" Halilintar raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"Of course!"

"Ochobot..." The two turned to look at Gempa now crouched next to Blaze, his hand over his clothed forehead while frowning worriedly at the other's flushed face, "Will he be okay? Or will this keep on happening again?"

Ochobot looked down at the watch he held, "He'll definitely recover after some rest."

"Well at least we have that-"

"But... if you guys won't be careful... this can definitely happen again." Ochobot sounded hesitant, "And when it does... it may cause some permanent damage."