Dinner

Chapter 12

(Past of the Original Timeline)

The ride back to earth had been awkward and tense between the siblings.

Not everyone knew about Blaze's probation. Aside from Thorn, Hali and Solar had been the only ones informed while the others had been blissfully unaware. Gempa thought it would ruin the excitement of finally going back to earth and told Blaze to accept the punishment with maturity.

Unfortunately, his brother seemed to forget that Blaze was not exactly the mature type.

During their travel back, Gempa kept trying to lighten the mood by chatting with the others, which would be soured by Blaze's snark retorts.

His brother kept sending him warning glares, which he returned with a challenging one.

"Hey..." Ice held his clenched fists just as he was about make a snide remark when Gempa commended Taufan about the backflip he learned back at the station, "...what's going on with you? What's with you trying to pick a fight with our leader?"

He scowled at him and pulled his hand away, "Of course you'll see that I'm the bad guy here while our oh-so perfect leader is the victim."

"Blaze." Halilintar said to him in a warning tone and Blaze reluctantly bit back any more scathing words.

"Did something happen between the two of you that we should know about?" Ice asked as he looked at Blaze

"Nothing that you guys should be worried about." Halilintar gave Blaze a meaningful look, "Right, Blaze?"

Blaze wanted nothing more to scowl at him and tell Ice exactly about the unfairness of the situation he was currently in but held himself back.

"Right..." He gritted out and slumped back his seat.

Hali rolled his eyes and sat back while Ice frowned in confusion. Seeing that neither of the two were going to tell him anything, he reluctantly turned back to Taufan and Thorn who were now talking about Taufan's new recipe.

Blaze bit the inside of his cheek and continued glaring at Gempa.

As if he was going to go down without a fight.

.

.

.

.

Blaze had been stubbornly quiet as they finally broke through the earth's atmosphere and finally made it to land.

His scowl, however, softened as he saw his friends practically cheered at seeing their parents once they exited the ship.

He tried to ignore the guilt he felt at the thought that he almost lost them because of that stupid mistake.

Blaze turned, only to catch sight of Fang looking at their families longingly.

He hesitated, before approaching the alien hesitantly, "Hey, what's with the brooding look?"

"It's nothing." Fang quickly dismissed him as he turned back to the ship, "I need to go check the maintenance and all that technical stuff. Call me if you need anything."

"But-"

Fang just waved him off. Blaze frowned before deciding not to push it once the other disappear back into the ship. His other brothers started filing out and he immediately turned away with an annoyed huff.