As you ride along the road, you spot the town of Valentine. Although it's not very pretty and it's usually disgusting , you always thought it had a sort of strange charm to it. As the two of you arrive at the hotel, Arthur hops down from the horse and offers a hand to help you down. One thing you always admired about him is that no matter how tense he was, he was always a gentleman to you. After he hitches his horse the two of you walk inside.

Upon entering the hotel owner greets the two of you kindly. "Welcome, how can I help you fine folks," he says. "A room and a bath please," you reply with a smile while slipping him a few dollars. "First room down the hall to the right," the owner says as he hands you the key. You take Arthur by the arm and walk with him to the room. You set the bag on the bed and grab Arthur's clothes before walking back over to Arthur who is standing by the door. "C'mon then, the baths not gonna come to you," you say, cracking a smile. Arthur huffs a laugh through his nose and follows you across the hall to the bath.

When you get into the room, you're immediately greeted by the strong scent and warmth it holds. You set his clothes down on the small table in the corner while he undresses. Red creeps onto your cheeks as he removes his clothing revealing his toned body that's dusted with blonde hairs. Although you've seen him like this many times, it never fails to make you blush.

Once he's bare, he steps into the warm water and sinks down into it slowly. A deep sigh falls from his lips as the warmth envelops his body. He relaxes his body slightly and rest his head against the towel that hangs over the edge of the tub. With his eyes closed, he speaks to you. "This feels real nice," he admits. You hum an mhm before sitting on the stool next to him. You reach out to his body and run your hands along his chest. His eyes open and meet with yours as he flushes a shade of pink. "Sit up," you say to him and he obliges. You shift the stool to the area behind him and press your hands to his shoulders. He lets out a deep breath at the contact. Using your thumbs, you begin to work the tense muscles. "You're really tense sweetheart," you tell him. "I know," he replies.

You continue to massage him, now working your hands down to his lower back. He occasionally groans when you hit a particularly sore spot, causing you to grin. Once you're done massaging his back, you pull his shoulders signaling him to lean against the tub. Once he leans back, you bend forward to press a kiss to his check which makes him smile. You're happy to see he's in a slightly better mood now that he's alone with you. As you sit back up, you grab a handful of water and let it fall over Arthur's hair. He hums quietly in pleasure as you massage his scalp with your nimble fingers. He feels as if he could melt under your touch. He could never deny the affect you have on him.

As you wash his hair he's silent but suddenly speaks up. "Ya know, you've been working real hard too," he says to you. "What?" you ask him, confused by his sudden statement. "Why don't you get in with me," he turns his face to you with a smirk playing on his lips, "I'm sure it would feel nice," he finishes. "I don't know, I don't want to-," you start to say before he interrupts you, "Get in." You sigh as you release your hands from his hair and stand up to get undressed. He's right. You've been working hard recently and a warm bath doesn't sound half bad at the moment.

You can feel his eyes watching you as you strip your clothing off. You feel rather vulnerable as the air hits your bare skin. As you approach the tub Arthur whistles at you cause you to slap his arm playfully and smirk at him. You step into the tub and descend into the water. You're sat with your back to Arthur. He reaches out and wraps his strong arms around your waist and pulls you towards him. Your body is at ease as you sit surrounded by warm water and Arthur's comforting body.

Arthur sits and holds you for a little before he takes his hands to your hair and begins to unravel the braid that it's in. His large calloused finger are always surprisingly gentle with your hair. Your long y/h/c locks flow down your back. You lean into him further as he runs his wet hands through your hair. It feels so nice to be taken care of, you could sit like this for hours. He washes his hair as you begin to massage his legs, focusing on his calves. His hands rub up and down your arms and legs getting you nice and clean and you do the same for him.

The water begins to get cold and Arthur stands up and pulls you up with him. You both step out of the tub into the now cold air of the room. He grabs the towels sat across from you and wraps you in one before drying himself. Once he's dry he grabs his clothes off of table and looks at you. "Ready?" he asks you. "What are you talking about?" You respond. "Come here," he says while reaching out for your hand. You walk over to him and he grabs you by the wrist and peers out the door. You're about to ask him what he's doing again before he pulls you by the arm and runs to your room.

He pulls you inside the room quickly and shuts the door and locks it. You both look at each other and start to laugh. "You're such a strange man," you joke with him. He pulls your towel wrapped body to his in a gentle hug. "You know that means you're in love with a strange man," he says in the same playful manner. "I suppose it does," you finish. You're glad he's relaxed now and back to his usual self. He'd never let anyone but you see this side of him and it's something you're very grateful for.

It's beginning to get dark now. The two of you must have been in the bath for quite sometime. Arthur puts on his union suit and you join him in the bed after pulling on chemise. Laying next to him, you roll over and lay yourself against his side. You drape your hands over his chest and bury your head under his arm. He adjusts as you get comfy, wrapping his arm around your back as you lay pressed to him. His other had strokes the back of your hair and he looks down at you. "How did I get so lucky to deserve you, Y/n," he says, honestly. "I'm not sure what I did to deserve you either," you reply.

He presses a gentle to kiss to your forehead and continues to gently stroke your hair. He notices that you're beginning to fall asleep and pulls the blanket up over the both of you. He relishes in the feeling of your body resting against his. Before he knows it he's been lulled to sleep soon after you.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

If you made it this far, thank you for reading! This is my first time writing something like this and I had a lot of fun. I love a good, tough guy melts for his lover, story.

Requests are open!