Ch.5 - Like Sandpaper To My Ears

Start from the beginning

No response from the grey girl.

"Uh... hello? I said wher-"

"Quiet." She replied in a deadpan monotone.

Y/N cocked an eyebrow.

"Excuse me?"

"Did you not hear me?" She did not change her body language, nor open her eyes. "I've been tasked with healing you from Cyborg's energy blast. If you would like me to make the injury worse, then please keep talking."

Y/N shrugged. "Suit yourself."

He felt an unknown aura within him. As she continued to heal him, this aura grew stronger and stronger.

It gave a familiar feeling of significant discomfort.

An awkward silence lingered in the air.

"My name's Y/N, just in case you were curious," Y/N said with a hint of sarcasm.

He could feel the girl growing slightly more agitated.

"What's yours?" He asked.

"Stop talking to me." She snapped. "You're a criminal. I'm not your friend, and I never intend to be."

Y/N seemed unfazed, "Whatever floats your boat."

As the silence lingered, Y/N began to take in the girl's appearance.

Her grey skin was not something he was baffled by. He had just seen a robot dude and a purple sludge monster, for god's sake.

She wore a black, skin-tight leotard, showing off a little more than what she probably realized. The majority of her face was obscured by the hood of her cloak, but he didn't need to see it to know that she was a very flawlessly beautiful girl.

Almost too flawless.

Suddenly, the doors to the Infirmary Room slid open, revealing another girl.

"Raven, are you making progress with- Oh, it appears he has awoken

"Raven, are you making progress with- Oh, it appears he has awoken." The red-haired, orange-skinned girl spoke.

Raven. So that's her name.

"Yep, and I much rather he wasn't," Raven spoke.

"Hey, just trying to be a gentleman here," Y/N cockily spoke.

"And yes, Starfire. The healing process is complete." Raven lowered herself onto the floor, standing on two feet.

Starfire. Man, some exciting names in this place.

"I shall get Robin and the others," Starfire said.

Starfire left the room, leaving Raven stuck with Y/N in the Infirmary. Y/N was still bound to the bed.

"So... 'Raven'... is that a birth name? Or are a you fan of poetry?"

Raven ignored him, her face still hidden by her cloak.