Chapter Fifteen

On the night of gilbardo, twenty years ago

The five girls were dazed to see the deep wound on Juliette's stomach. Juliette looked lifeless still tied hands back to the tree. Their torchlights were pointing at the injury.
"What have you done, Jolie?" Danielle said with disbelief.
"I...I'm sorry, i didn't know what had came over me. I'm so sorry." Jolie was shaking with fear. Her hands were on her head and she was crying plenty.
"Our plan was only to scare the hell out of her and now she's dead. What're we going to do now. This is bad." Justine was worried.
"She's loosing lots of blood. Maybe we should take her to the nearest hospital." Viviane suggested.
"And what're we going to tell the doctor if we're asked why she has lost a lot of blood?" Danielle shot her eyes to her.
"Jolie you were with her to free her with the knife for the game but instead you stabbed her... why?" Gabriella who still couldn't believe her eyes utters.
"It's my fault she's gone. Oh, it's all my fault." Jolie cries repeatedly.
"So what do we do now?" says Louisiana.
"It should be dawn soon. We must do something." Justine complained.
Danielle was silent thinking and then said. "let's bury her."
"What?" They shouted in unison and was stupefied.
"Yeah because that's the only way to get off this mess. Think about this, how are we going to get her to the hospital with this bleeding, and who's willing to carry her...? besides that, what will we say happened to her? that she was stabbed? Or that we were playing a game in the thick forest at midnight when we are supposed to be at home sleeping and didn't know how a knife found it's way into her stomach. We could be jailed." Danielle emphasized.
"I agree with you. What if she dies on the way and someone sees us with her. Definitely we would be taken into custody." Viviane who was staring at Juliette's wound said.
"Jolie would be arrested." says Justine.
"No please i don't want to go to jail. My future would be shattered. My parents would be so disappointed. I didn't know what got into me. Please don't see me go to jail..." Jolie was in bitter sobs.
Gabriella walks to where Juliette was tied looking unconscious as the girls continued contemplating on what they should do. "She's gone." She announced. She stopped checking Julliete's pulse. "Fovever."
..
Danielle and Jolie was sitting at a open space in Dreamfood restaurants some few distance away from Danielle's cottage. They'd been served cocktail and sushis. Danielle ate with full appetite. Jolie was thinking too much about everything happening. She was worried for Anna. What if Julliete made her hurt herself. She looks at her friend knowing that their days were counting. She could die first since the person Julliete happens to be in, was her daughter.
"How's the baby." She found herself saying. Danielle's stomach had popped out real big.
"I can't wait to see her."
"It's a she?" Jolie was surprised she haven't told her the gender yet.
"I feel it's a girl."
"Oh, but you wanted a boy."
"Ofcourse I did but I reasoned having a sweet chubby baby girl wouldn't be bad." She shrugs between bites.
"Why not go for a baby check."
"No. I want it to come as a surprise."
"Lol, you do love surprises."
Danielle could feel Jolie was in a bad mood. She was too, but was trying hard not to stress out for the baby. The doctor had warned. "Yeah I know everything seems crazy right? You're not going to die. No one is." She encouraged. "cheer up."
Jolie knew she only said that to make her stop worrying. "We did something we shouldn't have done, Danielle. They would have all been alive today and we wouldn't be threatened. If only we didn't come up with that plan." She was regretting.
"I know right?" Danielle was concurring. "It's all my fault. I thought of a plan to make her pay for what she did to Justine. I didn't know that it was going to end bad."
"You don't have to blame yourself. I'm the cause of everything. I know you would not agree to it, but it's the truth. I stabbed Jolie."
"But she didn't die. You said you saw her eyelids shake. We all buried her alive. Don't take all the blame."
"Twenty years feels like twenty days." Jolie forced the drink down her throat.
..
Danielle had drove Jolie to her house and had promised to drop by tomorrow after visiting the hospital. She was in the bedroom brushing her hair when she sensed someone appear behind her.
"Anna?" She had looked sideways.
"Mum has a key to your Cottage. I stole it."
"Why did you. Aren't you restricted from leaving the house."
"No one can keep me away from doing what I ought to do. You must know the kind of person I am."
Danielle didn't understand what she meant by that. Then it struck her. It was Julliete and not Anna. She looks at Anna's face and it was lacking in vitality.
Julliete saw Danielle's face reaction and smiled. "I was a bit surprised you didn't know it was me. How are you, Danielle."
"Go away from me." She was struggling to stand from the bed.
"Shhhh."
"Go away from me." She was crying and her belly started pounding crazy.
Julliete was drawing nearer. "why? Because I'm dead or am I stinking? Why should I go away from you. Oh, I see." She produced a small smile. "it's because I would kill you."
"Please don't hurt me and my baby." She was scared.
"That's when it's the sweetest. I didn't live to ever see mine, so why should you?"
"No, please..."
"And when I'm done with you, your precious friend is going to be the next. And then, I can leave this warm body I reside in and join the rest of us and continue wandering till eternity."
"Look I'm so sorry for your death. But don't hurt Jolie. She tried to tell me that you were buried alive but I didn't listen. I thought I was doing the right thing for everyone."
"Now you see you weren't." She says. "Anyways, Gabriella must be a very lucky person. She didn't die the same painful death I planned for y'all. Before I'd gotten to her place, she had died. I respect the dead. I could've slit her throat while she was laying still at that bed, but I respect the dead."
Danielle raised her head. Her eyes were red in tears. "you didn't kill Gabriella?"
"If I had did, it would have been in bloodbath. I love the spirit to suffer in misery seeing the body it once stayed in a very painful state. Just like I saw mine."
'if Juliette hadn't killed Gabriella who could have done so.' Danielle couldn't believe that she was still thinking straight when she'd few minutes to die. 'There's only one thing to it, someone else wanted Gabriella dead. But she'd only flown in few days ago, who could've killed her?'
"I think we've said enough."
Danielle's eyes met her meat knife. Undoubtedly, Julliete had stepped into her kitchen. She was fully aware that inna minute time it was going to be used on her.
"Please for the innocent child I'm carrying. She didn't do anything."
"You don't have to worry since it's going to reincarnate."
"Please don't hurt Jolie."
"I will think about that." The sharpened knife first cuts through the stomach cleanly and the sudden flow of thick blood poured copiously and soaked the bed to the rug.