Chapter Fifty One

Start from the beginning

"Are you calling about yourself or someone else?"

"Someone else." I cried out. "It's my parents, they're covered in blood and they're not responding!"

"Can you tell me what's happened?" The woman's voice was calm, opposite of mine.

"I don't know! I came over and they were in the kitchen on the floor. Is the ambulance coming? How long will it take?"

"The ambulance is being organised right now, but I just need to ask you a few more questions this won't delay the ambulance reaching you. Okay?"

I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "Okay. Please hurry."

"We will. What's your name?"

"Leah, my name is Leah."

"Okay Leah, can you call out to your parents?"

Frustration ran though my body. "I have, they're not responding. I told you this already."

"Leah can you check if your parents are breathing?"

My whole body was trembling as I leaned in close to my dad first, I put my hand over his mouth and tried to gauge whether or not I could feel his breath. "I don't know, I can't tell!"

Please be breathing!

"We'll start with your dad, can you see if his chest rising up and down?"

"Yes!" I gasped out in relief. "He's breathing!"

"What about your mum?"

With muffled sobs, I turned my mum over so she was laying flat on her back. A whimper left my mouth when I saw her bruised and bloodied face.

"Yes, she's breathing too." I sobbed out as I stroked my mum's hair.

"The ambulance is on it's way to you now Leah. Can you see where the wound or wounds are on your parents? Where are they bleeding from?"

It looked like it was coming from everywhere, there was so much blood, too much blood.

Suddenly my dad moved and a groan escaped his lips.

"Dad! Dad!" I looked down at the phone. "My dad is awake I think, he just moved!"

The woman on the phone was saying something else but she sounded so far away as if my phone was on the other side of the room instead of inches away from me.

"Dad, it's going to be okay. The ambulance is coming, they're going to help you and mum." I reassured him as I clutched his hands. "Dad can you hear me?"

His eyes fluttered slightly before opening slightly, his bloodshot eyes were unfocused. He let out another groan before blinking a few times.

"Dad, can you hear me?" I questioned him again, this time more frantically.

His swollen eyes found my teary ones and he let out a gasp. "Leah."

"Yeah dad, it's me. You're going to be okay, I promise." I whispered as tears streamed down my face.

His eyes moved away from mine and looking above me before closing again slightly. "Leah."

"I'm here dad, I'm here."

With great difficulty he opened his eyes again and pain flittered over his face. "Leah." He said again, the one word was filled with anguish and I could see how difficult it was for him to speak.

He mumbled something else but I couldn't quite catch what he was saying.

"What did you say dad?" I leaned in closer so I could hear him better.

His breathing began to become more laboured and panic began to fill his swollen eyes and face. "Behind you."

"What?" I whispered out as my own breathing became laboured.

"There's someone behind you."

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter 

How many of you guessed correctly about Leah's parents?

What do you think happened? Who attacked her parents and why? Who's behind her? 

Let me know what you think is going to happen next

The story is coming to an end, there's 70 chapters in total so not long left! 

To read the full story please go to www.patreon.com/kayy_b or my subscription page on www.inkitt.com/kayy_b

Thank you for reading :) 

-Kayy xx