𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 8

Start from the beginning

I snapped back to reality at the sight of food appearing before us and I realized how hungry I was. I filled my plate and Pansy started to introduce the Greengrass sisters and I. They immediately started to treat me as their friend like we knew each other for years and I smiled widely. After years being locked away by my Father, I finally had friends.

We ate while conversing together, ignoring the boys who were talking between them. I noticed Astoria was looking at Draco before blushing and avoiding eye contact multiple times. She soon noticed I had seen her and she blushed even harder. I chuckled before mimicking closing my lips with a key. She mouthed a 'thank you' while smiling softly.

Once we were done eating, the group stood up and I followed. I had no idea where the Slytherin common room and dorms were. I zoned out, trying to memorize the path. Until a hand grabbed my shoulder and I jumped. Draco laughed at my reaction before raising his hands in surrender.

"It's just me, little Lady."

"You scared me you idiot !" I hit him in the chest and he huffed, pretending to be hurt. He lowered his voice and looked around, making sure the others weren't in ear shot.

"What was that on the train ?"

"What was what ?" I frowned.

"You know what I'm talking about." He rolled his eyes. "What happened between you two ?"

My eyes widened when I realized he was talking about Mattheo holding my hand and I shrugged.

"Nothing. We got our tasks yesterday and I assured him I wouldn't need his help. We didn't talk beside that."

"So he just went from being a huge dick to being sweet overnight ?" He raised a brow, not convinced.

"Well, Tom told him to leave me alone. Like you tried to tell him the other day." I shrugged again.

"Wait, Tom talked to him ? And he just listened this time ? That's weird. Be careful, Aelys. If you need anything, I'm here. Even if you just want to complain about my asshole of a cousin."

He grinned and I chuckled, nodding my head.

"Thank you, Draco."

We arrived in front of a portrait and I heard Enzo saying the password 'pureblood'. A passage opened and I followed the others inside. I instantly felt amazed by the common room. It was cozy and I felt at home.

A blond boy came toward us, a smirk on his face as an attempt of flirting. I exchanged glances with the girls and we all raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. He was kinda cute, but you could see he was trying too hard.

"You must be Aelys Parkinson, the new girl, right ?"

"Yes ?"

I tried to stay as formal as possible while still being polite, knowing Mattheo would go ballistic once he noticed us talking.

"Adrian Pucey, but you can call me however you want, beautiful !" He winked and I almost grimaced.

I saw Pansy rolling her eyes as she fake gagged and I tried hard not to laugh. I suddenly felt a hand grab my arm and I was pulled back. Mattheo stepped in front of me and crossed his arms on his chest, death glaring at Adrian. I stiffened, not knowing what to expect.

"What do you want, Pucey ?" He growled.

The blond took a step back, clearly scared. He gulped, his eyes going from Mattheo to me.

"Snape asked me to show her her dorm, that's all..."

Mattheo raised an unimpressed eyebrow and snorted.

"Yeah, I doubt he did."

"What- No ! He- he did, I swear !" He exclaimed, clearly panicking now.

Uncrossing his arms, Mattheo took a step forward, making Adrian step back once again.

"Funny, you see, I already know where her dorm is. So why would he tell you, hm ?"

"I-"

"You were just trying to find which dorm is hers, weren't you ? You could have just asked, Pucey."

I frowned. What type of game was he playing at ? Adrian's face lit up and I knew he was dumb. Really dumb. Couldn't he hear the venom and sarcasm in Mattheo's voice ? He took another step forward, making him towering over the blond boy. He seemed to realize Mattheo was not being friendly at all and he paled.

"Her dorm is the number 206."

I was even more confused than I was 2 minutes ago. Did he just give him my dorm number ? Adrian was now as white as a ghost and he was shaking, eyes full of fear. I took a glance at the girls. Their mouths were parted in shock and their eyes widened. Pansy gave me the 'we seriously need to talk and you're going to tell me absolutely everything' look.

"But- that's-"

"My dorm, yes." Mattheo cut him off, a devilish smirk on his lips.

Adrian gulped and shook his head. I frowned and looked at Tom and Draco. They nodded, letting me know it was indeed Mattheo's dorm number. Tom looked pissed and Draco confused as well but not really surprised. Me ? I was lost. Adrian tried to apologize but Mattheo cut him off by throwing his fist in his nose. A loud crack echoed through the room, letting us know his nose was broken. He fell unconscious on the ground and Mattheo spat in his face.

He grabbed my arm and led me to what I assumed was his dorm. I shot a look at Pansy to let her know I'll see her later and she nodded. Mattheo opened a door with the number '206' and his name in golden letters on it. He practically threw me in the room, slamming the door harshly behind us. He casted a silencing spell on the room. I stood frozen while he started to aggressively pace around the room, his fingers angrily grabbing his curls.

"Fuck !" He yelled and kicked the lamp sitting on the desk. It flew against the wall, breaking at the impact and I flinched. Hard. Tears started to run down my cheeks and I felt my body shake. My eyes weren't leaving him, following each of his movements. He was scaring me.

"You better stay away from that fucking dickhead, you hear me ?" He spats.

I was too scared to move or talk. Not answering angered him even more and in two strides he was putting his hand around my throat and slamming me against the door. He was squeezing tightly, making it difficult for me to breathe. My hands clawed at his wrists, trying to escape his hold but to no avail. He was too strong and his anger was making him stronger. His eyes were black, the warm brown they usually held completely gone.

"I said I want you away from Pucey. Is that clear, Aelys ?" He asked through gritted teeth.

I tried to speak, to tell him I understood and that I would stay away from him but he was choking me too hard. Black spots started to appear in my eyes and I felt myself starting to lose consciousness. I saw him realize what he was doing and he let me go, letting me fall on the ground. My vision was blurry as I started to cough. I was tired. I wanted to sleep.

The last thing I heard as I closed my eyes and let the darkness embrace me was him yelling my name.