Part 45 : The Bonds

Start from the beginning

Bhim... When he was born I was merely an year old... But still I tried holding him in my arms... He was too small... And I felt I was strong...

Arjun... He was way too small... And I felt I had to be strong to protect him though I knew Bhim was there too...

And Nakul and Sahadev... Those twins... I never felt that they're my step brothers...

I know I'm not the eldest... But then growing among them, I always have been a guardian to all those brothers and I still can't believe that I have someone else above me too...

They have grown up... Became warriors... But still I feel they are those small babies who were in my arms playing after their birth...

To be honest, though I knew I have an elder brother, I still couldn't feel that I'm a baby too... I always had to be responsible... To be a strong person for everyone... Nor that I regret those moments.... But now, they have their own family... They have their friends, their companions are different, their mindsets are different and I still feel that they haven't yet grown in all these years...

Bhratashree... I know this Rajsuya Yagna is important... Being a Chakravarti Samrat is important... But using my brothers for it... I still can't digest it... Jarasandh is powerful... I know Krishna will protect them.... But I still can't stop being restless about it... What to do Bhratashree?

Karna : Yudhistir... You're not just an elder brother.... You're a father to those 4 Pandavas... Yes I know they respect me and regard me like their eldest brother... But you're a father for them, a person who was there when they needed you... You all knew about me... I was just a person at that time for you all... A total stranger... Then we became brothers and then we got to know that the bond we feel was the truth... A truth which was buried underground for years...

But this incidents never make your bond with them to be loosened up... You were there when they were in danger... You were there in each and every ups and downs of their life... Not just physically but mentally too... You were there when these brothers lost their father... And though you lost him too you stayed strong for them... So that they don't break down... We all know what they mean to you... They're like your sons and any decision that you'll take for them will be for their good... Yeah, I know they love me and respect me like eldest but I won't ever stop myself from admitting this that maybe I'm the eldest but the decision you'll take for them will always be for their good... And no evil can harm them...

About your worry, Krishna is there Yudhistir... Also Bhim has strength and he has knowledge too... If at all he fails, Arjun is there to back him up and Krishna is there too to protect them... Calm down... They will be fine...

Yudhistir calmed down listening to Karna... Though he always knew he had an elder brother, it was true that he never could be an elder brother for these 4... He had seen them grow up and the bond he feels with them was far more greater than a brother-brother bond... It was more like a father-son bond and Yudhistir couldn't help himself feeling like that for his younger brothers... He was way too protective for them and will continue being so till the end of his life...

Bhim always had an elder brother but Yudhistir had just known that he too has someone older than him... Missing a brother like figure from his birth, a strong pair of arms all along, he had always seen his father protect him before the birth of his younger brothers and in a reflex, he too came up with the same protecting arms he came to be grown up with...
And the same was for Bhim too... He was a mentor to Arjun, Nakul and Sahadev... Arjun was the most pampered one, being the youngest brother... And Nakul Sahadev too got the same love... Arjun was a brother like figure for them too but the bond with Nakul and Sahadev was more like friends than brothers... They used to tease the hell out of each other and enjoy themselves to the fullest leaving these two protective older brothers worry for them like anything...

Karna after discussing all these with Yudhistir went to meet Kunti about the princesses his brothers pined for... He wanted to be there to help his brothers realise their feelings and emotions and help them have their own family... With all these thoughts, he left the palace to meet Vrushali and ask her hand for marriage...

Sorry to all my readers about the delay... And thanks to all of them who commented about what they would like to read... Please guys, let me know whether I could come up till your expectations... Also please tell me what you all would like to read... I want my readers to suggest any plot they would like... Also I promise to upload the stories according to your suggestions... You all can dm me too if you want...
At last, thank you for your never ending love towards this book